Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 05:52 AM   #46

I took my wife for a ride on my bike (she doesnt have her CY endorsement yet) anyway she loves my bike after I put the OHC engine in it.I let her ride it around near a nearby park.
She was really surprized at the bike, she said it was like a totally different bike.
I no longer have the various annoying vibration sounds and the bike just has a tiny little vibration at certain RPM's(normal).

I'm thinking the engine and engine mounting is the biggest cause of vibration.I have snapped two of the stock engine mounting bolts and found the whole engine to be a loose fit most likely to ease assembly.

I redid all the engine mounting bolts while installing the new engine since they were not really of the right size to properly hold the engine.
To explain it simply the factory seems to use smaller sized bolts to allow easy assembly of the bikes since there are engine mount alignment problems.

I could test something out, I could redo the engine bolts on my wifes stock bike and see if that takes care of some of the vibrations (hers still chatters and buzzes) and report back but it will be a few weeks since I now have many projects going.

Something to look at that could cause a serious accident is the steering stem lock.We found the one on my wifes was very loose but the scary thing is the screws could have possibly locked the steering.
Took both ours off since we'll never use them.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:10 PM   #47

It has been brought to my attention from speaking with people at American Lifan that there have been some balancing problems in some of the motors in the 2006 models. this is why I waited for purchase a 2007 which supposedly the engine has been balanced.

I wonder if you can take up the vibration with American Lifan?

Old 06-02-2007, 09:53 PM   #48

We found a bolt broke on the wifes bike, the lower rear engine bolt was gone so we went ahead and replaced all but the top rear engine bolt(long bolt).
We havnt gotten a chance to ride it between work/weather and other things but maybe tomorrow if the weather is decent.

I wonder if it will have any affect on the overall vibrations on her bike.I think it might seeing just how loose/sloppy the stock engine mounting bolts were.Just from starting it up for a few minutes and revving it a bit things just dont seem to rattle as much but we really need to ride it.

That lower bolt broke and her chain had a lot of play in it to the point of it could have easily piled into the case and done some damage.

I just can not believe those bolts break that easily.
In all my years of riding various things I have never seen engine bolt failures like I have seen on these.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:31 PM   #49

I started this post awhile ago and I'm glad to say that I think I've finally taken care of all the abnormal vibrations this bike shouldn't have. I don't know if they'll stay gone but now I know where to fix them.

My last big vibration that was erking me off would happen every time around 4500-5k. After TeamCheap's educated guess I could see how that could be causing my problem. So I pulled 4 of the 5 engine mounting bolts (couldn't remove the top one) and applied High Temp Silicone to the bolts. Laid down 4-5 ribbons on each bolt, squirted some in the hole and then some between the nut and the frame. Tightened everything down and let set for 2-3 days.

Just took it for one short test ride around the block and everytime I would pass thru 5k, either up or down the nasty rattling was GONE!
How long it stays away - time will tell, but at least I know where my problem lies.

I hope this long thread will help some others.

Old 06-24-2007, 05:59 PM   #50

Good on U. Feels great eh? I still have a 4k vibe, but I'm sure it comes from my headlight rattling on the cowl. (keys rattling on handlebars sound) Did about 300kilometers today, Toronto to Barrie and back, feet hands wirsts and butt were fine after. I could have fixed the vibe, or ride my bike. I'm waiting for rain to do more fixing, but we've had beautiful riding weather for about 2 weeks now.