Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2012, 11:18 PM   #1

Action Packer it is!

I bought one of the large JC Whitney trunks a few years ago for my Konker. At the time shipping was reasonable and the trunk was on sale if I remember correctly... I then bought the KLR, sold the Konker and transferred the topcase to my KLR. Now, I have the Konker back and the rack is not as handy as the trunk was so I was going to pop for another trunk for it. Lol, JC Whitney has subbed out it's international shipping so now a $87 trunk will cost almost $200 with shipping and all else in. Looks like I'm going milk crate or Action Packer!

Old 04-15-2012, 11:52 PM   #2

Re: Action Packer it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
I bought one of the large JC Whitney trunks a few years ago for my Konker. At the time shipping was reasonable and the trunk was on sale if I remember correctly... I then bought the KLR, sold the Konker and transferred the topcase to my KLR. Now, I have the Konker back and the rack is not as handy as the trunk was so I was going to pop for another trunk for it. Lol, JC Whitney has subbed out it's international shipping so now a $87 trunk will cost almost $200 with shipping and all else in. Looks like I'm going milk crate or Action Packer!
I'd be happy to re-route it for you. We can have it shipped to Sumas, and then I can put it on the bus. That shouldn't be too bad.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-16-2012, 12:00 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Quote:
I'd be happy to re-route it for you. We can have it shipped to Sumas, and then I can put it on the bus. That shouldn't be too bad.
That's ok Weld, I think I'll go for the cheaper alternative this time. Just surprised me how much the shipping went up, it's truly not cost effective to ship anything into Canada anymore. Thanky for the gracious offer though, much appreciated

Edit: That Sumas thing could come in real handy if I need parts for the Konker someday since Q doesn't ship into Canada and Konker is kaput. Might have to take you up on the gracious offer when something non generic breaks on the Konker

Old 04-16-2012, 12:42 AM   #4

Easily done. Just let me know.

As a bonus, some of the US web-based bike shops will offer free shipping over a certain dollar amount, so it might literally cost nothing to get parts to me.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-16-2012, 03:05 AM   #5

I am eager to see your solution, Stew.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-16-2012, 03:29 AM   #6

[quote="MICRider"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Quote:
Just surprised me how much the shipping went up, it's truly not cost effective to ship anything into Canada

Try getting stuff shiped out here "NZ" :roll:
77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 04-16-2012, 07:59 AM   #7

I was very pleased with the action packer. It held up nicely. Cheap enough to replace if you take a spill too.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #8

Yup, I think I'm going to go that route. Now I just have to locate an action packer... I was in Walmart and Canadian Tire on Saturday and they only had the jumbo monster ones. I never asked at Walmart though, they might have had the smaller ones stashed somewhere. I even looked at Home Depot for a suitable toolbox / pelican type case to use but struck out on that one... They had some nice big toolboxes but they all have handles on top, I think they would leak like a sieve... On the hunt for an Action Packer! :wink:

Old 04-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #9

Maybe check at walmart.com You can have alot of stuff shipped to your local store.