Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #16

Yea its a little anoying but o well i changed the fuse holder out for a blade type fuse holder still nothing

Seperate from the issue where can i fina a cheep front brake master cylinder cause the sight glass is leaking.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #17

eBay is my choice. Search for generic terms, like "dirt bike master cylinder".

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #18

i also ride to work, 40 ks return, here in qld it is never too cold to ride, with longjohns and sth against windchill i m right. riding to work means there s a bit of fun in the workday. i do like my work, but it s not always just fun.
summer can be a bummer, the sun on the helmet and the exhaust fumes from cars in the nose at the red lights; i ve got 4 red lights and a river to get across; and when we get rain, it pours, and one gets caught without raingear, once a year. :roll:

good thing is i don t have to flow with the commuters, i can arrive late and leave late, or come n go very early. not when everybody has to make it to the job, and some just on time. :x
less cars to deal with make for a more relaxing ride.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #19

My Commute is 50miles - sometimes on the china bike or the Yamaha or the Honda or the kawasaki (Ok.. I know ...I'm a bike tart).

I do not do freezing - used to when I had one bike and no car - but now I have a choice and use the car if I have to. Also do not use bike on days when I have off-site meetings - too many times putting gear on and off...

When I use the lifan GY5 I ride across the New Forest (paved roads) dodging the ponies, pigs, sheep and cows that roam free across the forest. - The Lifan's lowish top speed (compared to a jap 4) is no disadvantage and the upright riding position positively good. On a spring,summer or autumn morning it makes me really look forward to GOING to work - in the car I just get there!

Frog

Old 02-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #20

Sence i blew out the spider gears in my truck im stuck riding my lifan every day rain snow or sun lol ps snow is fun with a bald rear tire

Old 02-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat-chevymech
Sence i blew out the spider gears in my truck im stuck riding my lifan every day rain snow or sun lol ps snow is fun with a bald rear tire
I'm guessing that spider gears don't like to turn corners when they're welded.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #22

Daily rider, 24 miles round trip (same rain/ice conditions as FastDoc). Coldest ride in was 17F one morning. Decent cold weather gear. I used to go hunting in worse conditions, riding the bike is not bad.
Bill R