Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #1

110cc doesnt idle cold or after a hard drive, Carb Swap ???

hey everybody, I have a daymak Sasquatch 110cc and it doesnt like to idle when its cold or after you pin it on a straightaway, does anyone know what Honda carbs will fit on this beast? dont really want to upgrade things in the motor to compensate a big carb, just lookn for something that will be a little more realiable!

I have a early 80's Big Red carb, damed if i know what size or year so i assume it wont fit, would a 125cc carb fit on from a TRX 125 ?????

Old 02-19-2012, 11:06 PM   #2

The 84-85 ATC and TRX125s both used a similar carb, but your better bet is using a stock ATC110 carb. I had good luck running the same on my old 88cc with big ass cam and big valves. Buy a cheap one off ebay, get a decent carb kit (shindy makes nice ones) and go!

If you're gonna start modifying things, the Honda 200S carb is a good starter.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:26 PM   #3

You can just remove the slow jet and main jet and buy larger ones. Your local bike shop should have replacements. I usually pay around $4 each.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #4

dumb question, Will a ATC 110 carb fit on with out any mods, I assume a ATC 200 carb will need a mod to bolt on AND to run on the motor?

Old 02-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #5

I'm not sure about your ATC question, but I bet this carb would do the trick: 24MM MIKUNI CARBURETOR HONDA CRF50 XR50 XR 50 CARB CA06

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-21-2012, 01:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorITP
dumb question, Will a ATC 110 carb fit on with out any mods, I assume a ATC 200 carb will need a mod to bolt on AND to run on the motor?
Both ATC carbs will fit without any modifications to a proper manifold ie. your stock one for the 110, and a 22mm perimeter frame intake for the 200 Carb (and a 24mm perimeter for a 200X Carb, and a 26mm for an XR200).

However, for the 200 carbs to work, you need a cam at the minimum, a better exhaust, ported head, big valves if you have a small valve head, high compression piston or big big bore kit, and probably a better lighter ignition. By then, you'll have lost most of your bottom end, and rendered a single speed trans next to useless. But hey, you'll rev to the moon and have a wicked upper hook! Once you get there that is

Old 02-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #7

CARB

Gao to the GIO site and buy the Muikini carb for the 110 cc atv.... good carb..