Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2012, 03:58 PM   #1

XTR 200X Supermoto - in Canada

Is this the Suzuki "inspired" bike that is coming to Canada? Road legal, transport Canada certified. I guess I'll have to get my motorcycle license to try it on the pavement I'll talk to Visionary and get the story, but I think this kind of bike used to be distributed by the now defunct Konker here?

http://www.pitsterpro.ca/en/products/new-for-2012.html

I don't know much about road bikes yet but look forward to learning more.

jb

Old 01-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #2

Yup, that's the Jinan Qingqi based supermoto bike. Same as the Konker KSM200 in Canada and the Q-Link bike in the States. The pic is a little misleading though because that's the 250cc engine thats shown. I think the main difference on the new Pitster Pro bike and the Konker is that this new one will have a rear disc and I think an oil cooler.

Great bikes the Konker's and the Q's, their build quality is very close to the Japanese motorcycles. Only bad part is that here in Canada we pay a premium on our motorcycles so I'm guessing that the XTR200 will be around $3000. I had the Konker KSM with the optional Dual Sport kit, it was a great bike but I sold it when I bought my KLR. I believe my brother in law is still ripping around the acerage with it and it's still running well. His only complaint is that it could use a little more power . Hopefully when they release the XTR250X the larger motor will give it a little more snap. Reports from China state it's not that much more powerful than the 200 though so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #3

Thanks Rider! When I get the story on it I will post. Yes we do pay a premium, transport canada is more strict and I understand they charge a per-unit fee as well as import fees on the road legal machines.

I look forward to checking one out in person.