Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2011, 02:13 AM   #31

Mike, the place you ordered the bike from couldn't get you an answer about the chain?! :?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-20-2011, 12:32 PM   #32

Swing and a miss

Spent all day Saturday digging around Bent Bikes, must have gone threw about a 1,000 sprockets, and nothing. Ill call up Excalibur Powersports in Chino Ca and see what Wade can get me.

Didnt ride at all this weekend, however started it up today and arrived at work with a big ole grin on my face. Dang it this bike is fun. Everywhere I ride it turns heads, first the sound, then the looks. People think its some $13,000 italian bike or something lol.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:19 AM   #33

Bit of thread necromancy, but I've been looking for sprockets for this thing for a while now. Just bought one that should be in Friday. People keep asking but no one will post the dang measurements of the rear sprocket. In spite of this, I think I might have found a sprocket. Derbi uses this same pattern on their Senda 125R, could you please check the spacing on your sprocket and compare it to the pictures? Its a 428 chain available down to 48 teeth (stock is 56 I think.)

http://www.oemmotorparts.com/parts.a...25%20R&D=Sfam#

Old 11-17-2011, 10:39 AM   #34

Welcome Brockway!

That's a tricky one. I haven't seen a three hole 428 sprocket with an ID like that before. Since our friends in China don't normally re-engineer stuff, it is likely original equipment on some two stroke bike, whether on or off road. I perused the JT site to see if I could find a match, but I came up empty; I searched up to 99cc and 100-199cc in Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki and Yamaha.

I recommend that you send www.jtsprockets.com an email and ask them for a recommendation. Perhaps they have the ability to search a database by ID or bolt circle. Good luck.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #35

That sprocket picture is for the Derbi Senda 125R. Since no one has bothered to measure the TMEC's rear sprocket like people have been asking since page 1 I have no clue if its the right size. I've seen 2 rear sprockets with the 2 x 3 bolt pattern like that, Derbi and one from Piaggio, but the Piaggio one was a 50cc scooter. I only found this one by google image searching through pages and pages of "428 rear sprocket." None of the Japanese sprockets I've seen digging through JT matched the bolt pattern. If this one doesn't fit, may have to go the custom route.

My TMEC 200 should be here Friday, so I should be able to just measure the dang thing myself.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:00 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockway
That sprocket picture is for the Derbi Senda 125R. Since no one has bothered to measure the TMEC's rear sprocket like people have been asking since page 1 I have no clue if its the right size. I've seen 2 rear sprockets with the 2 x 3 bolt pattern like that, Derbi and one from Piaggio, but the Piaggio one was a 50cc scooter. I only found this one by google image searching through pages and pages of "428 rear sprocket." None of the Japanese sprockets I've seen digging through JT matched the bolt pattern. If this one doesn't fit, may have to go the custom route.

My TMEC 200 should be here Friday, so I should be able to just measure the dang thing myself.
Welcome to these forums; we are glad you joined us! Sometimes we ask, but we don't get the measurements; I understand your frustration.

Congratulations on acquiring your TMEC 200! If you have time, please start a new thread, and post photos of your bike after it arrives. Also, if you can, please measure the rear sprocket, and post the information so it might serve as a future resource for others.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-17-2011, 05:52 PM   #37

Congrats on the purchase. I believe you are one of a few that own a TMEC bike here.