Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2011, 08:56 PM   #46

I've never had anything go missing with Canada Post. I hope they get a decent settlement soon, because the Canadian gov't is about to legislate them back to work.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-15-2011, 09:11 PM   #47

The painting has slowed to a halt. Been way too humid to paint. Thankfully the paint has pretty much cured. A few days at nearly 100F will bake them pretty good.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:45 PM   #48

Is that a PZ27 or a PZ30 in there?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-15-2011, 09:58 PM   #49

It is a PD11 actually.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:24 PM   #50

I'm guessing that's a 27mm carb, but I don't know. In any case, a 30mm Mikuni is cheap and easily found on eBay. They're excellent carbs for these applications.

Conversely, you could try re-jetting the stock carb. Keihin copy is my guess. They're notoriously lean from the factory.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:39 PM   #51

I'll have to look into that. Not sure about the carb, will measure it in a little bit to find out. Probably won't change it out until the bike is running and I can monitor if its running lean/rich

EDIT: the Carb measures 25 MM at the prong(flange) side at the opening, 24mm at the smallest diameter closest to the slide.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:26 AM   #52

That's pretty tiny. Here's a $30.00 example with free shipping: 30mm Mikuni

I'm with you on not buying a new carb until it runs. If you get it running ok with the stock carb, you'll be able to quantify a Mikuni upgrade.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:45 AM   #53

I'm very confident it'll run. Everything checks out for it so it should. I seem yo remember the Guy saying it ran in one of the emails so I'm not sure why it was disassembled.

But I can say with some confidence that the motor will be like new once its rebuilt.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:34 PM   #54

I'm at a stand still. Plastics are painted and back on. Will post pics later.

No parts have arrived, darn snail mail + customs. But on the plus side, it wouldn't matter if they did get here as I forgot to order the gasket set so I couldn't move to assembly anyway! Ordered gaskets last night, they should ship tomorrow.

Scored the new spark plug boot for free, local autoparts store doesn't sell them but did have a couple in a miscellaneous box in the backroom. Free of charge. Once I get everything I'm only in $50 on the bike, if it runs a good investment in my book.

On the downside, no chance that I can see of converting this to dual sport, NC doesn't seem to title off-road vehicles even if they comply to the laws.

But will still save me gas as the majority of the trips I make are all in the country to take care of my dogs and carpool to work( both mean going to a friends house that is roughly 4 miles away, with plenty of trails and only having to cross 2 roads.)

Old 06-21-2011, 11:18 PM   #55

I hope the parts get there soon. I think that the package made it across the border before Canada Post stopped altogether.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:01 AM   #56

I hope so too! It should be here in the next couple days

Old 06-22-2011, 01:19 PM   #57

I have two titled frames here in GA. Let me know if you want one.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:08 AM   #58

Not sure how I would get the frame but that would be cool. Ill wit though to make sure everything goes smoothly.

Also not sure if the parts sent by weld will be here soon. All depends on if they made it across the border before the 18th. I'd think they would since they were mailed on the 14th but who knows.

On another note, anyone have any experience with motopartsmax.com aka ride max inc aka powersportsmax.com aka dealc inc? Ordered the gasket set through them and its been processing for a couple days now.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:18 AM   #59

I'm kicking myself over that. I should have carried it across the border and mailed it to you from your side.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:13 PM   #60

No need! You were/are doing me a big favor by sending it and not asking anything in return. It will get here, just depends on how dickish the unions are going to continue to be on how long it will take to get here, .

Since I know that the parts came from a xr200r, I'm gonna look around and see if I can find any junkyards that may have one I can salvage a couple parts off of. Worse comes to worse, in a week my friend comes back from vacation, he works at the local Honda Dealership as a mechanic on the bikes, I've already talked to him and he's gonna see what he can scrounge up there as well.