Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2011, 11:41 AM   #1

giobikes.com...?

Okay guys, so I just checked out the giobikes.com website, and I've got to ask your all's opinion on how legit the deals are there.

I noticed on their main page their auction listings pop up, and everything on there seems to be ridiculously cheap! Does it ship from somewhere local in the U.S. or Canada? Or is it direct from Hong Kong or somewheres like that?

I'm looking at a 200cc Gio Beast that's got 5 minutes and counting, and it's only up to $191...which I'm sure it'll go up more...but still, a NEW bike, 200cc, for around what I gave for my old 150cc? That's kindof making me ill, lol

Do they jack up the shipping charges or something to neutralize the low cost of the bike and what it sells for? I don't know how it would be possible to get one so cheaply...if so I may pick one of these up soon...

Old 05-06-2011, 12:08 PM   #2

Be careful.

I'm not sure if they sell complete quads into the States, but I doubt it. If you click on a specific item you're interested in, you can input shipping info and see what the total will be, but you also need to add the auction fees. Read it carefully.

Likely Gio will be nothing but a parts source for you, since they're located in Canada (about an hour from me). They're not the greatest at packing boxes properly, so bear that in mind.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #3

Ahhh yes, the fine print, lol

I'll check into it, I figured it was in China or somewhere, but either way I doubt they would ship to the U.S. too.

I did check the shippin chart and though shipping is not cheap to here, it does show up, so there's about a 50/50 chance that they ship to me. That Gio 200cc sold for $275, not bad really, unless that "fine print" of the auction fees is extravagant.

I'm going to build this one fairly nicely and set it up how I like it, then possibly sell it if I can do so for a reasonable price, and after I sell off some of my gear from my other passion (guitars), I'm going to look for either a Fourtrax or Rancher 4x4, or some Yamaha equivalent.

If I can't get a decent amount back out of it, I'll probably just keep it so my dad will have something to tinker around with and ride around the neighborhood on. I can't wait to get this bad boy running though, it looks like it's going to be tons of fun!

Old 05-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #4

I'm starting to learn about guitars, since Son of Weldangrind plays. He just got a new Tacocaster on the weekend; beautiful silverburst with a maple neck. He adds that to a Mexican Strat, a China Strat copy, an Ibanez acoustic (with cut-out, pickup and tuner) and an Epiphone dreadnought. What do you play?

You really will enjoy this quad for awhile. I have the Beast that you spotted on Giobikes.com, as do several of us here. They exist in the States, although under a different name; member Mizke has one. Keep your eyes peeled on CL.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-06-2011, 01:35 PM   #5

Awesome, yeah I'm big into guitars, I've had one since I was about 11 or 12, and I'm 22 now. My collection to date includes my American Pbass in a discontinued Inca Silver finish, an American "orphaned" Strat (orphaned because it's the body of an American made Highway One series, and the neck of a 60th Anniv. American Std. Strat) in sunburst finish with a maple fretboard, an Ovation CK057 acoustic/electric with an upgraded Ovation-Idea preamp (records mp3 files of the music), a Dean Exotica RSE Supreme grand concert style A/E, a Squier Standard Deluxe Hot Rails Strat in white with black hardware, and a Takamine EG416S-VS currently in layaway :-), along with a Line 6 Spider Amp and a Fender Performer 650 single 10" amp w/ tube distortion.

Tacocaster...now that's a new one on me! As far as genre I play...blues, gospel, country, folk, some 'grass, older rock...I'm into all kinds of stuff...so, is Son of WeldanGrind your actual son, or just a friend from the forums? lol

Yeah I'm really excited about this quad, I always wanted a 4wheeler but could never afford one, and now that I've got a full-time job I'm hoping I can finance some fun mods for this one and eventually get another...idk what type of quad it is, but I just noticed that ad for Giobikes.com on the left side of the forums, and the quad at the top (body-wise looks identical to mine except for it being orange) with the street rubber on it looks awesome! I would really like to have one of those just to cruise around on in my neighborhood on the pavement! Would you happen to know what model that is? I'd love to find one of those in the states to get. Heck, with the way our gas prices are here I may end up having to illegally ride one of those to work instead of my S10 before long =P

Old 05-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #6

Don't complain about fuel. I saw $1.39 per litre today, and that's $5.25 per gallon. 8O

A Tacocaster is a nickname for a Mexican Telecaster (apologies if you already knew that). Do you find that your Ovation slips around on your lap due to the composite back?

Yes, he's my son, and he's currently on a blues / rythym and blues / rock journey. He also plays lead in our Church band. His personal goal is to play anything that John Mayer can play (he's getting there).

Is this the quad you mean? It's called a Lambo. It's not legal on the street here, so it's use is limited. As such, I don't think sales have gone well. I was shocked to see that quads are allowed on the street in Montana and Wyoming; that would be so cool.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:49 PM   #7

lol, we're gaining towards that price in fuel, but thank God it's not quite to the $4.00 mark yet (word has it that it will reach $5/gal. by Summer...who really knows).

I really had never heard that about the Tacocaster, but feel quite ignorant for not having figured that out :oops:

That's awesome about your son, I'm sure he'll do great, he's gotta be doing better than me if he can do much at all with Mayer's lead...he picked a great one to follow in the footsteps of....my personal fav. is SRV though :-) I've been on a "kick" w/ blues and rock for as long as I can recall...soul music like that to me, has much to do w/ the Christian music as well.

Ovations....what can you say about them? Typically a person loves or hates them...Mine is currently for sale because I'm trying to finance other purchases, but I never had any issues with holding mine, and as far as how i like it...probably the primary thing I don't like is that it's got the sound for contemporary and pop styles, and that's just not me. I need good ol' fashioned rosewood back and sides for that boomy, bass tone. Of course, if I had one of those oldschool deep bowl backs it would probably be pure hate, but mine's a super shallow bowl, and has two different strapon button positions in order to hold it like a normal guitar or to pull the body of the guitar closer to one's own body, it works out pretty good.

I found the Lambo online after posting that...it's a sick looking setup and is ideal for a prototype to be made street legal, alas....who knows if that will ever happen? I heard once that Honda was going to try to make a street legal version of their Rubicon, but as far as I know it never happened. But I think it's safe to say we'd all be thinking of going that route at least for short distance commutes to work/school if it were possible...I know I would, I'm only 15 minutes from work where I live. And you're probably right, being that I'm seeing on average, priced new in the U.S. it appears that the Lambo can range from $2500-$3500, I wouldn't be interested in getting one anytime soon...it would have to be something other than Chinese and 150cc anyways for me to feel safe on the open road.

Old 05-08-2011, 12:23 AM   #8

my lambo

http://s814.photobucket.com/albums/z...Y10PICS026.jpg[img]
here is a LAMBO with the chrome rims from GIO[/img]