Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2011, 08:41 AM   #46

I have over 300 miles since April 7th when it was delivered. I'd have more mileage on it if the weather would cooperate. :(

Old 04-23-2011, 09:34 AM   #47

Re: heist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman10
gardo what are the main differences in the 2 since you have had them both . the dong fang is $1100 cheaper than the heist is it that much lower grade?
A different opinion from a biased DF owner....

Just got back from a visit to the Heist dealer at Fort Myers Beach. He just started handling the Heist. The salesman said the engine was made by Honda.

The forward controls are about the same as far as I can see.

The frame on the DF is larger diameter tubing.

The seat on the DF is much superior to the seat on the Heist. Several Heist owners have replaced the seat and springing.

DF speedometer/odometer

The odometer on the Heist is KM while the DF speedometer/odometer is pure MPH/miles.
DF has a trip odometer.

The chain on the Heist is a 420 or 428 while the DF has a 520.

Th Heist does have more spokes per wheel but the DF has plenty.

The Heist has a much quieter muffler which is nice.

After comparing the two bikes and prices, the owner of the shop said he would look into getting the DF to add to his line of bikes. He said he would retail the bikes at the same price since they are so similar but felt the DF would appeal to the old school riders while the Heist would attract the younger rider.

I did not get a test ride because he does not allow test rides but he does rent 50cc scooters so go figure. Anyway, IMHO there does not appear to be much difference one way or the other between the two bike. Some pluses for the Heist and some pluses for the DF. Both China bikes.

I agree that the support appears to be better on the Heist of course depending on your dealer. As far as parts go, I haven't needed any except for my sprocket and jets changes. They both have 167fmm engines so those parts are readily available. Ebay is your friend for the parts. I just can't see these simple bikes needing many parts. You can buy a new carb off Ebay for $40.

I can't believe that PIT does a PDI on the Heist and then disassembles the bike and puts it back in the crate and ships it to he dealer. Isn't the dealer responsible to do the PDI?
The DF comes in a crate and requires installing handlebars, foot controls, battery, adding oil to the engine,gas,etc. No problems with mine for 800 plus miles. Don't buy a drop shipped bike if you are not an experienced motorcycle owner/ mechanic.

I think the difference in the price is because the Heist is sold through a brick and mortar dealer who needs to make a profit to stay in business while the Dong Fang is sold through a drop shipper who offers little or no support.

I've bought five China bikes/UTVs from drop shippers and they all seem to be poor managers of their business. Most don't know a motorcycle from a banjo. If you feel better about having a good dealer then buy the Heist, assuming you have a good dealer.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone
I wouldn't move the tail light. It needs to be as conspicuous as possible. Those guys who mount it down low off to one side as increasing their chances of getting rear ended.

Motorcycle riders need all the help they can get.
Agreed.

I'd use something interesting, like this: http://cgi.ebay.ca/Motorcycle-tail-l...item230e53b7fb

It looks like an early Ford light. 8)
I bought that Light for my Bobber build. It was alot more expensive, I think I paid $39 plus shipping, but definately worth it. This is a quality light and I love the OLD Scool look. Not sure if this has it, becuase I believe it comes in 2 versions.1 has the License plate light underneath. This is a Great choice of taillight.
2009 Qlink XF200 Supermoto
1982 Honda CM200 Bobber - SOLD
2003 JEEP Liberty SPORT = 3" Lift
2002 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ - Family Cruiser