Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2015, 11:18 PM   #1

Diamo ls200 rejetting

Hi guys, new member here. Just purchased an 06 Diamo ls200 for cheap. I put a Pod filter and a fmf Turbinecore 2 pipe on it. Stock main jet is a 98. I put a 105 in it and it wont start unless its fully choked. wont idle at all either, I have to be giving it constant gas. So my question is, what size jet should I try next?

Once it is running properly and put back together, I will post pictures. Thanks for the help in advance.

Old 05-18-2015, 03:49 AM   #2

Stock or aftermarket Mikuni (& clone) ?

Old 05-18-2015, 11:22 AM   #3

stock

Old 05-18-2015, 01:14 PM   #4

If it's a Keihin clone with three float bowl screws, I'd try a 40 slow jet and a 110 main.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-18-2015, 01:14 PM   #5

Welcome, BTW.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-18-2015, 01:46 PM   #6

Welcome; we are glad you joined us.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-18-2015, 01:56 PM   #7

There's an affordable PZ30 rebuild kit on ebay that comes with a new 38 pilot/slow and 110 main jets. It's only like $10... but comes from China so you'll have to wait on it. It's a good starting point.

Cheers!
'07 Kinroad XT200GY Runmaster (sold)
'07 KMD GY6 150cc ATV (sold)
'07 Kangchao 250cc ATV Monster (sold)
Baja Moto DB-30 "Doodlebugs"(x3) (sold)
'06 Hi-Bird 200 parts bike (sold)

Old 05-18-2015, 10:26 PM   #8

I appreciate the input so far. I will give the 110/40 idea a shot and see how it works.

I put Red Kote in the tank, thinking it was going to fix a leak issue. After I looked closer at it there is actually a decent size crack on a weld, so will have to fix that too. What are these tanks made out of? Just a thin metal that can be welded? I already emptied the gas, ran water through it, and its now drying. Will hopefully have these issues fixed tomorrow and have it back together by tomorrow night.

Old 05-19-2015, 11:23 AM   #9

The only way a tank can be welded is to fill it with argon gas and is tricky to keep from exploding. A gas tank will retain enough fumes to blow up. They used to set a real penny over the hiole and solder it down. No real pennys any more. Soldering with a big iron is way safer than an open flame.

I patched the tank on a ford 8n tractor with jb weld. it was a seam half way up that cracked ten years ago and it is still holding gas. To do that one has to clean the metal extremely well and then after putting the slow drying jb on I set it in the sun for a few days to cure.

Old 05-19-2015, 11:52 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct842 View Post
I patched the tank on a ford 8n tractor with jb weld.
Please show us the tractor.

I've used Permatex Cold Weld to repair a bike tank before, with good results. It was also easy to file and shape after the repair, making it almost undetectable.

I chose Cold Weld because JB Weld doesn't actually say that it is suitable for exposure to gasoline, but Cold Weld does.

Old 05-19-2015, 12:09 PM   #11

Yeah... I was thinking JBWeld too as a possible fix... if it's not in a place that flexes... doesn't sound like it is.

Be sure to get that water out of the gas tank pronto. I cleaned out an old metal Trail-90 tank. I was using dish soap and water to try and get the varnished fuel out. After rinsing, it rusted fast! I don't recommend ever using water in a gas tank. Use kerosene and a handful of nuts to get the rust out, clean it up and rinse it out with fresh gas. Then get it filled back up soon. This will help keep rust from forming. Just my experience.

Cheers!
'07 Kinroad XT200GY Runmaster (sold)
'07 KMD GY6 150cc ATV (sold)
'07 Kangchao 250cc ATV Monster (sold)
Baja Moto DB-30 "Doodlebugs"(x3) (sold)
'06 Hi-Bird 200 parts bike (sold)

Old 05-19-2015, 04:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Please show us the tractor.

I've used Permatex Cold Weld to repair a bike tank before, with good results. It was also easy to file and shape after the repair, making it almost undetectable.

I chose Cold Weld because JB Weld doesn't actually say that it is suitable for exposure to gasoline, but Cold Weld does.
Picked up some of this Permatex cold weld, Looks like it will fit the job perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcuda View Post
Yeah... I was thinking JBWeld too as a possible fix... if it's not in a place that flexes... doesn't sound like it is.

Be sure to get that water out of the gas tank pronto. I cleaned out an old metal Trail-90 tank. I was using dish soap and water to try and get the varnished fuel out. After rinsing, it rusted fast! I don't recommend ever using water in a gas tank. Use kerosene and a handful of nuts to get the rust out, clean it up and rinse it out with fresh gas. Then get it filled back up soon. This will help keep rust from forming. Just my experience.

Cheers!
Tank is coated with Red Kote, so water will do no harm!

Old 05-19-2015, 10:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcuda View Post

Cheers!
I suspect that rinsing the tank with either liquid WD-40 or perhaps Varsol would displace the remaining water. You could also use a Shop Vac with the hose in the exhaust port, and stick the hose in the tank. A few minutes ought to do it.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerstho View Post
Picked up some of this Permatex cold weld, Looks like it will fit the job perfect
Please take pics, and let us know how Cold Weld works for you.

Old 05-19-2015, 11:11 PM   #15

Figured out the carb problem before I bought new jets. Decided to see how many turns I had the pilot jet turned out, low and behold it was screwed all the way in Not sure what I was thinking! So that is now 1 1/2 turns out. Once the cold weld is dry tomorrow (16hr cure time) I will give it another go and see how she runs. I have a before and after pic of the crack in the tank also.