View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 11:46 AM   #3

I checked all the fluids... clean and full... nice for a "beater".

I set the valve clearances, .002" intake, .003" exhaust... intake was a tad loose, exhaust was spot on.

Removed the EGR valve and components. Crimped and soldered the exhaust outlet pipe off the engine (in lieu of a nicer block-off plate).

I've tested the stock DC CDI... and could not get any spark... got a new one coming.

Ordered a new ATV wiring harness... hope it has all the correct plugs and wires needed... and that the colors maybe match one of the wiring diagrams I found.

It's got the same '07-ish (no tamper-proof screws) Keihin-clone PZ30 carb on it that my Runmaster does. Which is sweet, since I still have jets left over from dialing that one in. Carb is in nice shape. I did have to buy a new intake manifold elbow... the rubber was torn on the original. I've decided to ditch the crappy airbox setup and go with a pod filter. (I won't be fording any water crossings or anything). I'll jet the carb accordingly.

Being a no-title, no-paperwork project... can someone direct me to where I could find the VIN on this? I've looked all over the frame and can't seem to find any stamped numbers (besides on the engine).

Cheers!
'07 Kinroad XT200GY Runmaster (sold)
'07 KMD GY6 150cc ATV (sold)
'07 Kangchao 250cc ATV Monster (sold)
Baja Moto DB-30 "Doodlebugs"(x3) (sold)
'06 Hi-Bird 200 parts bike (sold)