View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 03:15 PM   #6

Next round of mods:

#5 - Mirror extenders + Hand guards. These fleabay mirror extenders help me see around my elbows. They work good. The hand guards are more an appearance mod. I doubt you get much of any lever or fall-over protection. They do block the wind a little. With the matching white on them they look like they could be factory. I haven't (and probably won't) hook up the led turn lights in them.

#6 - OEM Honda Grom rear shock. With my 210# riding weight... I've always felt the stock rear shock was too soft to dampen the spring. This would lead to mild pogo'ing over road bumps. The 1st gen Honda Grom shock (~$40 on fleabay) is a direct replacement and has much better shock absorbing and comparable spring rate. Rear end doesn't pogo anymore and feels more planted. Definitely worth it.

#7 - Removed airbox + pod filter. Definitely more intake noise without the airbox... but a much cleaner look... especially without the tank plastics. I have a Mikuni VM22, intake and new filter on order... and will install that soon.

#8 - Shinko Mobber knobbies. Installed the popular Grom Shinko knobbies on my Hellcat. I ride a bunch of dirt and gravel paths... and am a knobbies fan. They are definitely more buzzy (vibes) on the road. Which I believe let to my rear engine mount stock bolt failing on my first ride with the knobbies.

Next up:
- proper upgraded engine mount bolts
- MotoCheez style 3rd engine mount plate
- VM22, intake, filter
- put plastics back on

Cheers!
'07 Kinroad XT200GY Runmaster (sold)
'07 KMD GY6 150cc ATV (sold)
'07 Kangchao 250cc ATV Monster (sold)
Baja Moto DB-30 "Doodlebugs"(x3) (sold)
'06 Hi-Bird 200 parts bike (sold)