View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 01:18 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
I read it as his was putting out low voltage because it was failing and he needed a new one.

If you have a 5 or 6 wire stator you should be good to go. You just need to get a regulator and I would go with an led light.

http://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/showthread.php?t=19804

/
To Quote the op of that thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit121 View Post
There are 6 wires coming out, 5 of which were going into a 6 wire plug with one empty slot. Black with red (cdi power?), Blue with white(Ignition?), Green (cdi ground?), and 2 yellow wires that arent being used. the one loose wire is a green with red.

I will def need to take a look at my bike to ensure that mine is the same which it should be considering it is the same model...but who knows if that changed from year to year on these bikes. But lets just say for the moment that if it is the same...according to the OP of that thread i should be seeing around 25 Volts AC directly off of those yellow wires...Which now makes me consider the fact that the Rectifierr he used may have been far too restrictive since it goes down to around 6-7 volts with the Rectifier installed...

Ironically enough the same link you posted was posted in that thread as well...I may just reread it a couple times so i understand it properly and go from there.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)