ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   What enduro and mods? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=28368)

Toallhisdoom 03-17-2021 08:17 PM

What enduro and mods?

Looking at getting one of these 250cc enduro style bikes. Will be mostly off road use and just on road occasionally to get to trails.

Whats the best one to get? Theres the apollo 250 carb. The hawk 250 fuel injected. What other ones are there to look at?

And then what are the best mods to get more power? I see a lot of people upgrade the carb on the Apollo. What carb works? And what sprockets should I run for more low end/wheelies?

Thanks!

DohcBikes 03-17-2021 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toallhisdoom (Post 355873)
Looking at getting one of these 250cc enduro style bikes. Will be mostly off road use and just on road occasionally to get to trails.

Whats the best one to get? Theres the apollo 250 carb. The hawk 250 fuel injected. What other ones are there to look at?

And then what are the best mods to get more power? I see a lot of people upgrade the carb on the Apollo. What carb works? And what sprockets should I run for more low end/wheelies?

Thanks!

Pay attention to the tires if you wanna use it mostly off road.

Pipe, pod, proper jetting. Proper valve clearance.

Suspension mods will make a faster lap time than a 2hp gain would.

They are already geared low.

Toallhisdoom 03-17-2021 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DohcBikes (Post 355874)
Pay attention to the tires if you wanna use it mostly off road.

Pipe, pod, proper jetting. Proper valve clearance.

Suspension mods will make a faster lap time than a 2hp gain.

They are already geared low.

What brand do you recommend? What about the hawk 250 fuel injected one?

DohcBikes 03-17-2021 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toallhisdoom (Post 355875)
What brand do you recommend? What about the hawk 250 fuel injected one?

My personal experience is with owning several Taotao motor-swapped Hondas so I went with a TBR7. I feel that it is built as well as any Japanese 230cc enduro. The area it likely will lack in is electronic components but they are easily replaced with upgraded units.

The Hawk DLX would have been my next choice. It has a neat little closed loop efi that is reported to be excellent.

Remember these are not for jumping. If.you want to jump it regularly you need to step up to a water.cooled 250 that is MX biased.

Toallhisdoom 03-17-2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DohcBikes (Post 355876)
My personal experience is with owning several Taotao motor-swapped Hondas so I went with a TBR7. I feel that it is built as well as any Japanese 230cc enduro. The area it likely will lack in is electronic components but they are easily replaced with upgraded units.

The Hawk DLX would have been my next choice.

Remember these are not for jumping. If.you want to jump it regularly you need to step up to a water.cooled 250 that is MX biased.

I don't plan to launch it. I just wanna do wheelies and ride trails. Maybe hop off some rocks. I do plan to beat the piss out of it tho. I really don't care if it breaks I can fix anything.

DohcBikes 03-17-2021 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toallhisdoom (Post 355877)
I don't plan to launch it. I just wanna do wheelies and ride trails. Maybe hop off some rocks. I do plan to beat the piss out of it tho. I really don't care if it breaks I can fix anything.

I hear ya. They will all wheelie pretty easily if you have the touch.

For a wheelie happy rider (me too) be sure to change the fork oil to a good brand and weight, and consider some aftermarket fork springs. They arent very expensive.

Will add finally that a 19" front is lighter and stronger for landing wheelies and such than a 21 is.

Megadan 03-17-2021 09:07 PM

Start with identifying what can or can't be registered q3here you live. If you live in a state that will register just about anything - aka, you can register a standard Hawk, then I would look at the rxb250l for a mostly off road bike. Better suspension and a bit lighter weight, new gen ohc 233cc engine making more power stock than a modded cg engine.

If not, then your options will be a bit more limited. The Brozz, Hawk DLX, Lifan Xpect, BMS CRP250, and TT250 are all 49 or 50 state legal bikes so registration isn't an issue.

DohcBikes 03-17-2021 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadan (Post 355882)
Start with identifying what can or can't be registered q3here you live. If you live in a state that will register just about anything - aka, you can register a standard Hawk, then I would look at the rxb250l for a mostly off road bike. Better suspension and a bit lighter weight, new gen ohc 233cc engine making more power stock than a modded cg engine.

If not, then your options will be a bit more limited. The Brozz, Hawk DLX, Lifan Xpect, BMS CRP250, and TT250 are all 49 or 50 state legal bikes so registration isn't an issue.

Good point. The 2021 TBR7 is also 50 state legal and D.O.T. compliant.

RedCrowRides 03-17-2021 09:38 PM

If your for sure primary use will be offroad, you need to look hard at the ORION RXB 230 and 250 L Models ,they have a stronger frame and better( and fully adjustable) suspension than any other China Bike i know of , leaving aside the GPX Models which are twice the price. They are in the $2k neighborhood as well, making them easily competitive with the Hawk DLX and Brozz 250's.