Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2022, 03:30 PM   #1

I went out and measured the old stock unit and the new one and the old one was 4-7/8"
center to center... the new lowering link is 5-1/2"(CTC) so a mere 3/8" longer is all it is and it dropped the rear 2.5" that is surprising ! and I don't think you could go to 1/2"
longer as the bracket in the rear swing arm won't allow the center pivot on the shock to pivot that far.... it has to be 5/8" not more than that.
and I am certain that is maximum drop without grinding stuff on the frame for clearance and all that....
....so now you have something concrete to go by.... at least for the 2021 RX4 for the RX3 who knows what they have in there !!!!! this is only for the RX4 you'll have to pull the front link off and put a block on top of the rear tire and let the bike down to the desired height that you want and then measure the distance between the 2 bolt holes very accurately and then go by that for your final product ! I believe the RX3 and RX4 have the same set up as far as the links go so that's not a problem but the distances may well be different...who knows ! this lower link that I replaced is the one that connects to the frame directly behind the engine and it's far end connects to the center pivot hole in the center link that the shock connects to....just so you have no doubts !
Please note ! at this stage being this low, the rear tire is very close to the inner fender well ....there are protrusions on the inner fender well that stick down about 3/4" I would imagine that these will be ground off by the tire over time.... I did increase the pre-load a little , to clear these more and now I have about 1" clearance....THAT IS NOT MUCH ! I measured the seat height again and it is right at 30"
so I don't think I'm going to get a 28" seat height no matter how hard I try , the tire and fender well are preventing any lower settings.

Bob....

Last edited by Bob Kelly; 06-02-2022 at 11:38 PM.