Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #1

just a lot of Hate

i have been getting a lot of flack and haters about buying a "china bike" and its not from the HD riders i know. Its more from the other Metric Cruiser guys on the Japanese bikes.

I remember not that many years ago it was the same against them.

i know that there is a difference in some of the products coming out of China but there is some quality out there.

Have you guys seen this or caught flack because of your china bike?

Old 03-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #2

I had mine in my store all winter where is was seen by many. Many asked what is that? I told them it was a Qlink XF200 - A Chinese bike. Most of them were super intrested especially when I gave them the price. Some had many more questions and wanted to examine it much closer. Other wanted to know where they could get one. I never had a bad comment about it at all. Like I tell People about Windows 7 - Don't knock it, until you tried it, and do your research! So far I love my Chinese bike and am Super please thus far. You'll find people knocking things they know nothing about, and you can't change everyone. These bike are fine in my opinion, and I'm really looking forward to spending more time on it and educating those who are intrested in them. I'm still clue;ess why most owners the first thing they do is remove the qlink name and graphics. I happen to like the graphics on mine. I added alot of other stickers to it as well. Gives ya something else to look at. Don't let it bother you. Enjoy your Bike and educate others about it.
2009 Qlink XF200 Supermoto
1982 Honda CM200 Bobber - SOLD
2003 JEEP Liberty SPORT = 3" Lift
2002 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ - Family Cruiser

Old 03-21-2011, 09:59 PM   #3

Re: just a lot of Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardo
i have been getting a lot of flack and haters about buying a "china bike" and its not from the HD riders i know. Its more from the other Metric Cruiser guys on the Japanese bikes.

I remember not that many years ago it was the same against them.

i know that there is a difference in some of the products coming out of China but there is some quality out there.

Have you guys seen this or caught flack because of your china bike?
No one has bothered me concerning my Zongshen motorcycle. In my opinion, anyone who makes negative comments about another person's motorcycle is a jerk. :x I suggest you consider the source, and ignore them.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-21-2011, 10:24 PM   #4

I removed the graphics from my Qlink because I like a plain bike and not one with a bunch of stickers on it and not because it's Chinese. I did the same thing with other bikes I have owned, probably about 50 or so. (American, Japanese, British, German.Taiwan,Chinese)

A lot of people look down on Chinese bikes like they use to look down on Japanese bikes.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:46 PM   #5

You'll find people knocking things they know nothing about, and you can't change everyone.

So true.

To be honest I do have issues buying (Red) Chinese stuff but the reality of life is pretty much everything we buy nowadays is either from there of has a high Chinese content. :?

(So far) we have never been to war against China. If little things like history matter we should not be buying Japanese, German, or Italian bikes.

FWIW I did 'de-Q' my Q. I removed the Q-Link graphic from the seat, And placed OEM Suzuki decals where appropiate. To be honest it made it easier to explain what it really was.

One of the reasons I like this forum is our tolerence for different things, about bikes, and personalities. Even though, except for The Dirt Rat's Lifan heart, I'm CB-less, I enjoy this forum a lot.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:02 AM   #6

Like Doc's comment, almost everything we buy now is from China. It's only a matter of time before jerks like that finally accept it. It would be fair to ask them if they're convinced that their machines are totally made in Japan. Not bloody likely.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-22-2011, 01:09 AM   #7

I don't think the issue of buying Chinese is linked really to history, but to human rights for Chinese workers, and the loss of jobs from North America... That is the result of our corporatist society though, and I suppose the prosperity of China will lead to improved conditions, until the cheap labor and lax regulatory standards in that country are exhausted and the big corporations find another developing country to exploit...

Old 03-22-2011, 08:56 AM   #8

Everyone here has really great points. You may also want to ask your haters if they have ever been to WalMart? LMAO!!!!Hehehehehehe. Like Doc stated almost everything nowadays was made or has content from China.....ABC Just did a special on this. - I think it was ABC. Good points everyone. Yep "This is why out of all the forums I'm on - This one is the Best! Go China Riders!!!
2009 Qlink XF200 Supermoto
1982 Honda CM200 Bobber - SOLD
2003 JEEP Liberty SPORT = 3" Lift
2002 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ - Family Cruiser

Old 03-22-2011, 09:27 AM   #9

"(So far) we have never been to war against China. If little things like history matter we should not be buying Japanese, German, or Italian bikes. "

I am just finishing reading two books about the Korean War were we were battling China and North Korea troupes in 1952-53 at the Major Line of Resistance along the 38th parallel.

We in the USA have been in wars with almost every major country in the world so if we used that as a standard then we would have few trading partners.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:55 AM   #10

Quote:
Like I tell People about Windows 7 - Don't knock it, until you tried it, and do your research!
I tried/use it. It blows. No offense. BTW, I'm not a Mac guy either - that's a whole other set of issues.

The problem with Windows is that most people that use Windows have never used anything else. If the only car a person ever drove was a Lada they'd probably think they're great.

-- end of thread hijack --

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 03-22-2011, 10:40 AM   #11

Never had anything but compliments on my ride
Had some random security guard come up to me last night asking about the bike and telling me about his various dirt bikes.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:14 AM   #12

I am just finishing reading two books about the Korean War were we were battling China and North Korea troupes in 1952-53 at the Major Line of Resistance along the 38th parallel.

:oops:

I knew that...

Old 03-22-2011, 11:53 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageHardIntoTheBendies
Never had anything but compliments on my ride
Had some random security guard come up to me last night asking about the bike and telling me about his various dirt bikes.
He particularly appreciated the low cost of replacement plastic after somebody knocked your bike over. It's an excellent point.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-22-2011, 01:07 PM   #14

Personally, I have had a lot of people ask me how I like my KTM motorcycle.

I always tell them it's a Zongshen motorcycle, and I have 40,000 miles on the odometer.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-22-2011, 07:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite
Quote:
Like I tell People about Windows 7 - Don't knock it, until you tried it, and do your research!
I tried/use it. It blows. No offense. BTW, I'm not a Mac guy either - that's a whole other set of issues.

The problem with Windows is that most people that use Windows have never used anything else. If the only car a person ever drove was a Lada they'd probably think they're great.

-- end of thread hijack --
That sounds pretty subjective... I used windows 7 since the release candidate, and its been solid and reliable... I completely skipped vista. XP was good. Linux is a mess, and anything with an apple is overpriced. That's my opinion. That's my thread jack