Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2010, 04:20 AM   #1

Gio Rebel T3 200cc Tips & Tricks

Hi Everyone!

Im new here to chinariders.net
Looked around at lots of forums and theres a bunch of great people on here!
I've had some Gio Bikes over the last few weeks including the Gio 110cc Buggy and the Gio 110cc mini atv.
I've Just ordered the Gio Rebel T3 200cc and im wondering if anyone has any tips , tricks , or tweeks for this atv.
From previous orders i know i have to dump the china oil right away and get a decent spark plug. Also is there much assembly required in building this bike ( What needs to be put together, Fluids, Etc. )

I Cant wait to build and get some pictures up on here, also i will post pics of my other bikes.

Thanks again guys and gals!!

Old 08-18-2010, 04:31 AM   #2

Re: Gio Rebel T3 200cc Tips & Tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmac
Hi Everyone!

Im new here to chinariders.net
Looked around at lots of forums and theres a bunch of great people on here!
I've had some Gio Bikes over the last few weeks including the Gio 110cc Buggy and the Gio 110cc mini atv.
I've Just ordered the Gio Rebel T3 200cc and im wondering if anyone has any tips , tricks , or tweeks for this atv.
From previous orders i know i have to dump the china oil right away and get a decent spark plug. Also is there much assembly required in building this bike ( What needs to be put together, Fluids, Etc. )

I Cant wait to build and get some pictures up on here, also i will post pics of my other bikes.

Thanks again guys and gals!!
Hi Kmac..

Welcome to the forums! If you've been reading up you know we love photos, so can't wait to see your toys!

I don't have a Rebel so can't offer much in the way of assembly tips, although there are a couple threads here about them if you do a little searching, you're sure to find them!

We are of course here to offer our non professional opinions gleamed through the school of hard knocks ownership of china quads though!

I'm sure you'll love your Rebel.

-T

Old 08-18-2010, 04:46 AM   #3

Cant wait to get new quad and ive been doing my homelook looking around the forums for info, having trouble find some stuff but i will get used to it after a bit,

Cant wait to get pictures on, once i get it i will also make a video

Old 08-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #4

Welcome!

How do you like the buggy? Is it primarily for kids?

I have a 200 Beast, which is two generations before the T3, but several of the parts are the same. One benefit of the new T3 is the Honda style rear axle with eccentric chain adjustment. It looks much better than the original setup.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-18-2010, 01:16 PM   #5

Loved The Buggy!

Great item for kids ( as long as they had some driving knowledge )

I'm a small build person so i fit in there quite easy but for a bigger adult you might have some trouble. Turning can also be tricky as it is a little top heavy. As long as you slow down taking your turns you should be alright. Overall this kart is a ball of fun! Buggy was relativly cheap as it was 687.00 Total. *INCL SHIP, AUC FEE, TXS . Shipping was to NS CANADA.
Not much assembly is required , me and a friend had done it in roughly 40 mins.

THINGS TO ASSEMBLE:
:arrow: Battery Fluid In Battery. ( From past issues with battery, let it charge before use. Even if it is already sealed.
:arrow: Rear Rack.
:arrow: Plug in Tail light / Signals.
:arrow: Bolt on steering wheel. Word to the wise, pick up some locking nuts as the ones on these vibrated off very easy.
:arrow: Check chain tension
:arrow: Overall check of nuts, bolts, screws etc.
:arrow: Change out the oil.
:arrow: Assemble roll cage to vehical, consists of 6 or 7 peices , very easy!
:idea: Add Gas
:twisted:

The performance on this bike was fantastic, i.e Drive,steering,idle,fuel usage, etc.
Has Very small gas tank but will last half a day of consistant driving on 2L.
Fuel filter was junk, had to make a canadian tire trip to pick of another one.

Shifts nice, had its sticky moments, worked itself out over usage.
THIS BUGGY DOES NOT LIKE RAIN.
Would suggest good storage for it.

Overall im very impressed. If you are bigger and want to try one out, im going to suggest the upgrade to the 150cc 2S. I'll be getting one soon and ill post pics and performance pro's and con's once i get it.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:08 PM   #6

the honda style rear swingarm/axle setup is really good.. dont seen any reason why when the time comes for a new axle that you could not order a a honda rear saxle

Old 08-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #7

Have to try when the time comes, then we'll know or not. As for the transmission, ive never drove a manual atv, just semi auto. do you have to use the clutch for every gear or just for starting off and stopping?

Old 08-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #8

if it was a name brand quad with easy to find gears for the transmission id say just starting and stopping..

but since you cant really buy just the gears for these things, id say use the clutch for every gear change and down shift.. thats what i do, and even using the clutch i can shift as fast as a semi auto that you just click up or down..

Old 08-18-2010, 11:07 PM   #9

i hope you change your engine oil, the china one really sucks
YTX14-BS battery mod,gy6 carb 250cc,custom intake,125cc cf dirtbike muffler,MPR filter/intake,performance cdi,ngk iridium xi dpr8eix-9,performance coil pack and wire, pro taper handle bar, Gio air shocks, yam swing arm bus