Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2015, 05:35 PM   #1

Qlink xf200 lost power then died

I recently got a qlink xf200 that wasn't running. It hadn't been used in years, but it turned over pretty well, and I was able to get it running momentarily when push starting it. It turned out the carb jets were pretty gunked up so I cleaned those and was able to get it started and running under its own power although it was making a high pitched squeaking sound at idle. I dumped the old fuel and filled it up, and took it for a ride, but after about 4 miles there was a noticeable decrease in power, and eventually it cut out. Wasn't able to get it running again so I got it trucked home. The spark plug looks like it's running a little bit lean, but not enough to cause damage to my untrained eye.
Any body have any recommendations where to start? Also does anyone have a link to a service manual? The link to the English one seems to be dead and I can't find the Portuguese version anymore.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:41 PM   #2

I do not know what was making that squeaking sound, but it sounds like you have a low compression issue. First place to start would be checking valve adjustments I bet you have a tight valve. Characteristically, that also causes a bike that is difficult to start, unless bump started. The Q link is one of the higher quality Chinese motorcycles, very nearly identical to the Suzuki 200cc. There are some theories and websites that say that it is built on the same assembly line as the Suzuki unit. The only thing arguing against that is there are some subtle differences in the engine, and a major difference in the transmission. The Q link is a five speed. The Suzuki is a six speed.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:41 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum by the way, please be sure to stay in touch as you get your motorcycle fixed up we look forward to hearing your success story.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazr111 View Post
...Also does anyone have a link to a service manual....
Check the PM box

Old 11-15-2015, 08:04 PM   #5

Got it, thank you.

As far as the squeaking, it crossed my mind that the cam chain might have gotten sticky while sitting, but I have no real idea.

It is due for a valve adjustment, so I'll look into that. kind of a pain to get in there for the exhaust side though, isn't it :P

Old 11-15-2015, 10:04 PM   #6

These Suzuki based machine NEEDS reliable DC supply . Check it 1st
---
Capacitor trick: http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/view...originator=yes
NO standby current indicates a f***ed Igniter : http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/view...=434490&page=2
#34 to #37
(RARE case) F***ed pickup: http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/view...originator=yes

Old 11-16-2015, 01:02 AM   #7

Welcome Lazr111! Thanks for joining us.

I don't have a Q, but I'll echo everything Doc said. The only additional bit of info I've heard is that the engine is based on a 125 Suzuki that has been bored and stroked. That's quite similar to the Honda-based China bike that I have; it also started as a 125, and has been bored and stroked to 200.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-17-2015, 09:40 PM   #8

Got the valves adjusted. I think. Still doesn't start. Is there supposed to be oil in where the timing line is on the left side of the bike? I honestly don't know, but it was spitting out the hole when turning the bike over looking for the mark, making it very difficult to see the line.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:35 PM   #9

It seems to be getting suction at the tail pipe... I guess I didn't get the valves adjusted right?

Old 11-17-2015, 11:24 PM   #10

How are you turning the motor over to look for the mark?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-17-2015, 11:51 PM   #11

To be honest, I was bumping it with the starter and the kick start. I couldn't fine a socket to turn it with. I should be able to find or borrow one tomorrow.

Old 11-18-2015, 01:37 AM   #12

When you use a socket, be sure to use a breaker bar with it. Using a ratchet to turn a motor to the timing marks is just frustrating.

HF is a good, cheap source.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:30 AM   #13

So much helpful info in this thread. You guys are the best!

Past: Honda NC700x, Suzuki DR650, Taotao ATM-50-A1, Taotao Evo 150cc, Honda Spree 50 2str, 1982 Katana 550