Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2011, 01:35 PM   #1

easier starting

what do i have to do to make my bike start on first kick or first time i hit the electric start? i know adjust the carb, but where seems to be the best position for it? too much gas will flood it right?

Old 09-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #2

That's kind of a broad question, but the answer is a matched system. Fuel and air need to be in the right proportions to create the right burn, and certainly the ignition system must be optimized.

What type of bike are you asking about? What carb do you have? Which jets are in there now? Have you modified the air filter or exhaust? Need more data...

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-27-2011, 02:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
What type of bike are you asking about? What carb do you have? Which jets are in there now? Have you modified the air filter or exhaust? Need more data...
2009 lifan gy 200

no idea?

again, no idea?

no and no.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #4

My GY200 always starts the first try.. y put choke closed, idle a little push start button... this when the bike is cold (every morning, or getting out work 10 hours with the motor stoped)

When the bike is warm just idle it a little and start button with out problems

greetings

Old 09-27-2011, 07:14 PM   #5

As said above, this is a broad question. Perhaps, some bikes are set lean from the factory. I have had success by lowering the c-clip on the carb needle. Usually this can be done without removing the carb by either removing the gas tank, or w/ a gy5, the tank can just be unclipped at the rear and rolled upward to gain carb access. This is a little tricky, the slide must go back into the carb so the groove aligns w/ the protrusion in the carb body. see link below...

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...showpage&pid=3