Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2007, 11:30 PM   #1

MPG?

What kind of gas mileage you guys getting? They claim 100 but...

And how many gallons does the tank hold?

Thanks ONCE AGAIN!!!

Old 03-10-2007, 11:41 PM   #2

I have a Lifan GY-5 and I've gotten 2.7 gallons in my bike on dead empty. I've gotten as high as 80 mpg and as low as 60. Depends on how and where you drive. I got 80 mpg riding it around the neighborhood while trying to break it in. I get about 65-70mpg consistently because when I pull out of the driveway I keep it pinned in every gear all the way to school. :evil: :twisted: I luv my bike!!

Old 03-10-2007, 11:52 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
haha, i know that feeling.. have you done the exhaust mod yet? once you do that expect lower mpg, because the way it sounds is too awesome to not rev it.. although i like the throaty sound i get from low rpms with the exhaust chopped...

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:58 PM   #4

I get around 70 mpg for all around riding, which seems to be common for these bikes. One thing is certain: you ain't-a-gonna get 100 mpg with one of these unless you are a 75 lb Chinaman running 35 mph in 5th gear in a straight line for an hour without stopping. But it would be fun to experiment with these to see just what is the highest possible mpg!

Old 03-11-2007, 12:00 AM   #5

I'm on a Zongshen and it's tank holds 2.1 US gallons of which 1.8 is suposed to be usable before switching to reserve. My experience is that only 1 gallon is usable before I must turn the petcock. I have never run the tank dry and I did go about 30 miles once on reserve.

I am getting right around 65-75 MPG too depending on how I ride. Also, I have de-restricted my intake and exhaust and had to richen my mixture accordingly.

I am currently seeking a higher capacity tank option for my Bike.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:00 AM   #6

thats why the toyota prius is fun the lil computer on the dash shows you instant mpg.. i had one as a rental car for the week and i would see how high i could get the milage to go.. i think the highest i got was 90 something mpg

such a fun lil game to play

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 03-11-2007, 09:23 AM   #7

Quote:
thats why the toyota prius is fun the lil computer on the dash shows you instant mpg.. i had one as a rental car for the week and i would see how high i could get the milage to go.. i think the highest i got was 90 something mpg

My '03 Jeep Liberty tells me the instant mpg plus a lot more. The Jeep Limited models have trip computers. Neat to play with!

I have a friend that owns a Prius. Real world mileage for that car is about 45mpg. If you were getting 90 out of one, you must have been driving downhill the whole time. There is a company in California that does a battery/plugin conversion on them. They are getting 125+ mpg but the conversion costs 12k.

Old 03-11-2007, 09:39 AM   #8

i don't know my milage but i have ran out of gas 2 times in the last 3 days. i'll start checking it today.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:07 AM   #9

FMY, I usually fill up just before 100 miles on a tank. That usually gives you a few miles if necessary. I wouldn't wait much more than 100, because I've run out right at 100 before, but I was doing some riding that wasn't the norm for me. I usually end up putting in 1.44-1.50 gallons at this 100 mile mark. I think the tank hold 1.57!! Mileage has been less since I did the carb adjustments, but that is to be expected since it was running way lean before.

Jason
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)

Old 03-11-2007, 10:34 AM   #10

i don't give a crap about gas milage, this is too much fun to care. i can't wait to get rid of it though and get my drz or a lifan.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:08 PM   #11

Tank holds 1.8 gallons, the reserve is supposed to go 18 Kms. Ran out the other day riding across the street, turned it to reserve and couldn't even make it back home. Ended up pushing. I am a lot more careful riding on the street now that I know there is no reserve.

Old 03-11-2007, 02:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamM
Quote:

My '03 Jeep Liberty tells me the instant mpg plus a lot more. The Jeep Limited models have trip computers. Neat to play with!

I have a friend that owns a Prius. Real world mileage for that car is about 45mpg. If you were getting 90 out of one, you must have been driving downhill the whole time. There is a company in California that does a battery/plugin conversion on them. They are getting 125+ mpg but the conversion costs 12k.
for the prius, i wasnt talking average mpg, i was talking instant mpg... if you barely touched the throttle, or rolled downhill, you could get it up over 100 sometimes, but the most i got while actually driving was 90.. average was like 30 for me, cause that thing was so slow.. haha

yea i know about the jeeps. i have a jeep grand cherokee... its got all that fancy instant milage, average mileage, distance till you are stuck, etc...

Old 03-11-2007, 10:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsuave13
haha, i know that feeling.. have you done the exhaust mod yet? once you do that expect lower mpg, because the way it sounds is too awesome to not rev it.. although i like the throaty sound i get from low rpms with the exhaust chopped...
Yes. After I drilled out the exhaust there was a significant difference in mpg.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:45 PM   #14

what size hole/holes did you drill?

me and dlunt went with a 5/8" -1" hole.... it sounds pretty damn good.. not to mention i can feel the difference in exhaust coming out of the new hole vs the old hole if i plug the new drilled one....

it seems like almost double if not triple comes out now..

Old 03-12-2007, 09:47 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMYStreetRacer
i don't give a crap about gas milage, this is too much fun to care. i can't wait to get rid of it though and get my drz or a lifan.
If you're really serious, I'd be glad to have it. I've been happy with ours. I'm about to turn 4800miles and Dad just turned 3000miles.
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)