Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2018, 05:36 PM   #1

Venom x22 R has landed

Super happy,bike arrived in one piece!about to go over it and go get some oil and gas and will post later:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AD2863EA-B269-4E69-8646-8AFAAE13758A.jpg (20.7 KB, 246 views)
File Type: jpg 97AA2AA9-C937-4FD1-A5CC-83896FACEEA8.jpg (20.4 KB, 254 views)

Old 03-23-2018, 10:47 AM   #2

Please post up some pictures, and impressions.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:00 PM   #3

Okay,so took the x22R out today after getting it registered and plated.First impressions is this is a nice lil bike didn’t go over 50 because still breaking it in.
Starts up pretty fine, though once or twice I had to try more than once to start it.Seems kinda tight whereas you can tell it’s new and needs more break in time to kinda loosen up.Like starting a relationship with someone new from scratch🤔
All bulls$&@t aside though I’ve only put 18 miles on it and I like it a lot already and I think it has potential to be as good as the 250 ninja I had some years ago possibly.Maybe to early to rate the reliability I guess but I have an ngk plug I’m gonna put on it tomorrow and I’m gonna try n get 100 miles before I upgrade to a Mikuni carb(emphasis on try).The carb doesn’t seem that great,it says japan on it but it’s not Mikuni I’m pretty sure.Or I do have a Keihin that I bought for the rhino,maybe I’ll try that one since I ended up putting a Mikuni on the rhino and the keihin is just sitting there anyway like a solution looking for a problem.Overall I’m happy with it,it’s just early in the game so I can only say so much,but I’m sure when the weather breaks and I start really messing with it,I’ll get it where I want it to be if necessary.But that’s what the China bike life is about right?Plus with this forum I do not have any worries or regrets.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14174C00-96D8-4FD7-B9C9-11811BFF18A5.jpg (19.8 KB, 248 views)

Old 03-23-2018, 09:04 PM   #4

My pic didn’t post upside down this time!Yay

Old 03-26-2018, 03:45 PM   #5

nice x22r. have you given any thought as to performing a fender delete? i have the x22-s, and not sure where to begin. looks to be challenging. i like mine as is, less the ugly fender.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
nice x22r. have you given any thought as to performing a fender delete? i have the x22-s, and not sure where to begin. looks to be challenging. i like mine as is, less the ugly fender.
Yes,I agree it’s kinda ugly.I have been thinking of it and looking at your post to see if you came up with something,but not to worry I haven’t given it a real hard look but once I stare at it for awhile I’m going to come up with something.I was looking at the Honda CBR 250 fender eliminators but not sure yet I may be able to come up with something on my own once I take a few minutes brainstorming.But the last few days I just been riding and not caring.
By the way your x22 is nice too,and we’re gonna get rid of those fenders!