Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2008, 12:31 PM   #1

MN reg

It was easy to title and register my new Sunl Sl300 in MN. All they needed was the MSO and engine number. Paid the fee and got the plates and I was off to riding.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:29 PM   #2

Good luck

Check your bike for a "Federal safety sticker". I had no trouble at the DMV this spring when I went to register and get plates. My trouble started a month ago, when I got a letter stating that I was to have my bike inspected for a federal safety sticker. If my bike did not (which it didn't) I was to return my plates. The dealer that I bought the bike from no longer exists. Roketa gave me a huge run-around and finally told me that they would not help. So, I went to the DMV and asked what to do. They said bring the bike in and see if the inspector would pass it. They told me that if I had converted a dirtbike I would have no problems, but since my bike was manufactured with lights and such, I would probably have to have the sticker for the inspector to pass me. I loaded my bike onto a trailer and showed up to have it looked at. When I showed the inspector my letter, he asked, "Do you have the sticker?" I told him no, and he wouldn't even come out and look at the bike. He told me that in MN it had to have a federal safety sticker to be licenced.

I have DNR registration on the bike, so I figured I could ride through town on the atv routes. WRONG. The chief of police told me yesterday that motorcycle fell into a different catigory and could not be ridden on atv routes through the city. So, if I want to ride, I have to trailer it out of town. I really hope you have that sticker. Good luck.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:39 PM   #3

I have over a 1,000 miles of on and off-road riding. I have had very minimal problems. You would think I would have found out by now if it was safe or not. Sorry, just had to add that little rant.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:21 PM   #4

Maybe you need to "convert" it.

Allen

Old 09-10-2008, 04:41 PM   #5

I hope that doesn't happen to me.
""edit""
Well I looked at my motorcycle again and I see that it has a federal emissions sticker with the DOT certified sticker. I think I am okay.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:30 PM   #6

MN Reg

Have a Roketa that has been registered for 2 years. Trick I used, I took digital photos of DOT and EPA compliance plates riveted to the frame and gave deputy registrar prints of the plates with the title application.