Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2019, 08:05 PM   #1

GIO X35 carburetor

Does anyone know what size of carb the GIO X35 uses? It uses a Zongshen 250cc motor if that helps. I'm working on a bike that has clearly seen some abuse, and I'm thinking the carb needs work. That said - it looks like it's not going to be fun to get out, so I'm almost thinking - if I can find an appropriate carb cheap enough (it looks like it's a Maikuni), I'd rather just pull one, and put in the other and get it over with rather than fight to get the original out, clean it, and deal with it another day.

Old 03-01-2019, 10:40 AM   #2

Could you provide a picture of the carb currently in the bike? Most likely a Mikuni vm26 will be the carb to go with..

Old 03-01-2019, 12:51 PM   #3

Just remember, the "new carb" will most likely have the wrong jetting inside it to begin with... so you will have to re-jet the new carb before using it...

And you may have to mess with the jetting and needle settings a few times to get it dialed in for your bike and current riding conditions (altitude, BAR pressures, temp, humidity, etc.)...

If getting to the carb is already a hassle, I would just clean up the old one first and maybe pray to the motorcycle gods/goddesses that the jetting is good to go on the original carb

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 03-02-2019, 04:19 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglass View Post
Could you provide a picture of the carb currently in the bike? Most likely a Mikuni vm26 will be the carb to go with..
I was able to confirm that it is a VM26. I ordered a new one... I'll have to figure out the jets later. I might still try and get the bike started before the new carb comes - although, I'm having a hell of a time with that. One of the more recent problems is a throttle cable that won't screw into the throttle tube - and the holes for seating the cable end are a little too small. I might go to the local Honda shop, and see if they can sell me a throttle tube/cable combo that will work.

Old 03-02-2019, 11:55 AM   #5

what elevation are you at?

Old 03-02-2019, 12:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglass View Post
what elevation are you at?
I'm at 960m/3150 feet - that is probably the lowest I'd go, and the highest elevation areas I would be riding are around 1120m/3675 feet. I guess there's a slim chance I could go riding in a lower area, but for regular use, I'd be far better jetting for the 3150 to 3675 foot range - is there a chart somewhere I could reference, or do you have recommendations on what jets to get?