Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2012, 10:07 AM   #1

New one from France, with vraptor 250

Hi every body

hope you'll understand me with my poor english

I'm vraptor new owner and very happy to be - Already 2500 kms within 2 months -

I'm around 50 years old ( not yet 50 ... ) and also drive a Suzuki 1250 bandit and Suzuki 500 gse. Sometimes a car too...a Suzuki alto

I was looking for a .... Suzuki... Van Van but only 125 cc so I decided to try this copy.

Here is the machine

By philamiens at 2011-12-07

I had a look to discussions in the forum and it seems to be very documented
I'm very interested in this because it's quite hard to obtain technic documentation on those chinese bikes

Have a nice day

Old 03-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #2

Welcome. Your english is fine. Great pic.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum.

You English is great. I am often impressed how good a foreigner's English can be when a native born American can't write worth a darn.

Thanks for the picture with your first post! Extra credit!

How are the opportunities in your area for off-road riding?

By the way I LOVE the big Bandits. My first bike was a 1980 GS1100E, the predecesor of the B12.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #4

Bienvenue!

I really like the V-Raptor looks, and I think you made the right choice instead of a 125 VanVan.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-02-2012, 02:18 AM   #5

Welcome; we are very glad you joined us! Your English is excellent. Thank you for posting the nice photograph; we love photos. You made a wise choice in motorcycles; we are receiving good reports on the VRaptor 250.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-02-2012, 03:25 AM   #6

Many thanks for your welcome (and special thanks to google translator ) -

@fastdoc : it's quite easy to run off road here, it's countryside as you can see. Many fields or trail ways can be used.

Even if there's more and more interdiction each year because of destruction and noise pollution (quad)

And except hunting period of course...

have a nice day

Old 03-02-2012, 04:21 AM   #7

Welcome, Philamiens.

I think you're the third new European V-Raptor owner in the last 2 months around here

The other two is me and Pete from Germany. Between the three of us, I think we've covered the whole Skyteam colour scheme

Did you check our introducing threads:

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...wtopic&t=13540

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...wtopic&t=13276

Damn, I wish I've made 2500km on mine, but we've had snow since early December here. I'm so sick and tired of it!

Old 03-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasi_BG
Damn, I wish I've made 2500km on mine, but we've had snow since early December here. I'm so sick and tired of it!
I put a 12v plug on it and I use warmed gloves and vest

Old 03-03-2012, 01:55 AM   #9

Welcome, Philamiens! Yes, as Krasi_BG has pointed out, you are the third owner of this Skyteam to join Chinariders. Skyteam has recently opened up a distribution warehouse in the US, Skyteam USA, but have only brought us the 4 mini bikes they offer with 125cc engines--the DAX replica, the Monkey replica, the ZB50 replica, and the Suzuki RV90 replica, and soon will offer the ACE 125 with a vertical 125cc engine. I have been trying to get them to offer the V-Raptor 250 (and their ST250 enduro/motard), but they have politely responded that they have no plans to offer them in the US

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-20-2012, 04:05 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
I have been trying to get them to offer the V-Raptor 250 (and their ST250 enduro/motard), but they have politely responded that they have no plans to offer them in the US
Very strange ... Mostly european market is for 125 cc. In france ( and it's quite the same in the whole europe) no licence for a 124,99 cc (or an easy one) and a quite difficult exam from 125 cc and for all others bikes. So many people with the licence prefer to drive a 600 cc or more.
There's a very short market for 250 cc. It just begins to change with petrol price.

As far as I can read the market in US is just the opposite. Mostly for 250 cc, not for 125 cc.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:57 AM   #11

For most states in the US the test for a motorcycle license is not size dependent. 600cc sportbikes are considering starter bikes.

I took my riding test on a 750 shadow after riding it through the Minnesota snow to the testing station.

Only one other person showed up. The riding test lasted about 10 minutes and the written test took me about 20 minutes.

When I got to GA I asked them to transfer my endorsement. The handed me a license with the M stamped on it.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
For most states in the US the test for a motorcycle license is not size dependent. 600cc sportbikes are considering starter bikes.

I took my riding test on a 750 shadow after riding it through the Minnesota snow to the testing station.

Only one other person showed up. The riding test lasted about 10 minutes and the written test took me about 20 minutes.

When I got to GA I asked them to transfer my endorsement. The handed me a license with the M stamped on it.
Very interesting how lucky you are. I open a topic for the whole thing, I'm very interested in this