Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2010, 08:30 AM   #1

And it came from Alabama

http://jalopnik.com/5710471/home+bui...-corvette-ever

Old 12-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #2

That falls oh, so, deeply into the "that ain't raht" category...
Bill R

Old 12-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #3

By far the most original custom vehicle I have seen. The deer antler door closers are a must for my next ride.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #4

Ok, the drag coefficient isn't as efficient as the stock nose, but the stake pockets are very functional. Extra points for recycling the old pressure cooker.

I draw the line at those awful seat bottoms. They just make the car ugly.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-12-2010, 05:59 PM   #5

As a corvette fan, I cringe seeing that photo. However I've had my own little projects that are less then ideal. This is a pic of the "Mobile Man Cave" I built to go camping with my son. It slides off and on my trailer. It has double bunks in it and someday I'll put a wood stove in it, however most of the campsites we go to has electric hook up so I just plug in a space heater when we take it in colder months. I built it for under $70.....wood screws and tarp being the most expensive thing. The rest of the wood and glue for the tarp was found in the "free" section of craigslist. During this trip a couple of young girls rode by on their bicycles and one said to the other "that thing gives me the creeps".... It does get a lot of odd looks at the campgrounds but the guys (even those with 20k plus campers) all seem to get a kick out of it.....especially when I tell them I put it together for under $70bucks. When it's not on the trailer, it's on a platform in the backyard and my son and his friend use it as a fort.
[img][/img]

Old 12-12-2010, 07:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego1970
As a corvette fan, I cringe seeing that photo. However I've had my own little projects that are less then ideal. This is a pic of the "Mobile Man Cave" I built to go camping with my son. It slides off and on my trailer. It has double bunks in it and someday I'll put a wood stove in it, however most of the campsites we go to has electric hook up so I just plug in a space heater when we take it in colder months. I built it for under $70.....wood screws and tarp being the most expensive thing. The rest of the wood and glue for the tarp was found in the "free" section of craigslist. During this trip a couple of young girls rode by on their bicycles and one said to the other "that thing gives me the creeps".... It does get a lot of odd looks at the campgrounds but the guys (even those with 20k plus campers) all seem to get a kick out of it.....especially when I tell them I put it together for under $70bucks. When it's not on the trailer, it's on a platform in the backyard and my son and his friend use it as a fort.
[img][/img]
Awesome! I love it, plus anything that gets a dad and his son out together is a good thing . I'm thinking of getting a set of Hennessy Hammocks for my son and myself... Only tricky part is a lot of campgrounds don't have too many trees anymore! Cool rig though Lego, and beats sleeping on the ground anyday

Cheers,
Stew

P.S. I think you have the picture posting thing down pat, size is good.

Old 12-12-2010, 07:36 PM   #7

ACK! 8O

Not OK.

As a Vette guy, I can't condone that abortion. Come to think of it I'm anti-abortion too!

I kinda like the MMC (Mobile Man Cave) though. A couple pontoons and it could be ambibious! :P

Old 12-12-2010, 07:58 PM   #8

Man Cave complete with porch. Nice.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:04 PM   #9

X3, I vote a hearty "thumbs up" on the Mobile Man Cave (MMC)! However, I must vote "thumbs down" on the Corvette Abomination from Alabama (CAA)!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 12-12-2010, 08:56 PM   #10

Pontoons......that's a heck of an idea. The bad thing is that it doesn't have a floor in it. The trailer or platform in the back yard acts as the floor. I did that to try and save on weight, plus it allows me to jack it up from the inside and put it on rollers to slide off and on the trailer. Pontoon......hmm, I like that. That might be a spring project.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:27 PM   #11

.....And a 9.9 Mercury and you're good to go!

Old 12-13-2010, 11:20 AM   #12

Nobody gives the vette any love. :( At least he use a 70s vette.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:27 PM   #13

Lego, your MMC rocks!

My dad took a free 25' travel trailer (ball hitch style), cut out the back wall, extended the rear frame, built barn doors, gutted the interior benches, etc and created a hillbilly toy hauler. It will hold three bush quads, a hot tub and lots of hunting gear. Yes, I said hot tub. Once they make camp, they fill the hot tub from a nearby river, filter and treat it and enjoy it after hunting for the day. They're the sweetest smelling hunters ever.

He also flipped the axles on the trailer, so that the height is similar to his '03 F-350. What a rig.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-13-2010, 12:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Lego, your MMC rocks!

He also flipped the axles on the trailer, so that the height is similar to his '03 F-350. What a rig.
Complete with super swampers? :wink:

Old 12-13-2010, 06:24 PM   #15

Neato, peachy keen man cave. I like that.
Becoming a big fan of the "culls" in the wood pile at Home Depot.
Bill R