Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 09:27 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
enduro style tires?

i am already building up a stockpile of parts for my new bike. I would like to get some better suited tires for my purpose. I plan on doing 80 percent street and 20 percent off road.. when i say off road, i mean mild stuff, on paths and dirt roads.

What tires do people recommend? What have you used? what works well in the rain..

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:10 PM   #2

please oh please make that bike into a super moto bike. i've been thinking about it myself when it comes time to get new tires. but tta the same time i also want a bigger bike to "stunt" on and use for more road/ light trail riding. so i've been looking at the drz-400sm and keeping the roketa as my dirty little whore.

if you've never seen a super moto bike here's the drz-400sm. http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products...7/Default.aspx

Old 02-06-2007, 11:16 PM   #3

if the drz-400sm wasnt like 6700 bux, i would totally have one, but i can think of many other things i would rather have. I don't think i'd make the lifan into a supermoto, but its not out of the question.

I just think of supermotards as small bikes with lots o' torque... so the lifan 200cc isnt really the ideal motor for that, but once i get it and check it out, i'll see what i'm working with..

I think i'll keep the lifan for a season or two and eventually get a ktm duke, or a drz-400sm.

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:23 PM   #4

the 200 definatly has a decent amount of torque, the only thing she won't act like she does cause of the heavy ass steel frame. even with the 42t rear sproket my bike still get's around pretty good.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:36 PM   #5

has anyone done a gps 0-60 on these china bikes? i'd be curious to see how it compares to other bikes...

i am really looking forward to getting some solid peformance tires on my bike so i can whip it thru some hard corners. I have a feeling it will be a blast. My first goal will be to get a custom exhaust fabbed up to get some solid sound and maybe a bit more top end...

Old 02-07-2007, 12:16 AM   #6

never done a 0-60 but my buddy is borring my wide band o2 pipe for his dyno right now and i need it back. he's just telling me to put the bike on the dyno and tune it on there. either way i still need it back to street tune my car as well.

anyways if it get's put on the dyno i'll post up the dyno graphs.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:42 AM   #7

I have tires that are I believe, 80/20. They are Dunlop's and I love them! You feel alot more confident on the road and they are decent offroad. I do light off-raoding every noe and then and this tire does it. Cost me $180 for both of them. I also picked up some new tubes when I got them put on as well. I have a thread posted on here about them, let me see if I can find it.

EDIT:
Here is the link to them: http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...684&highlight=

Old 02-07-2007, 11:01 AM   #8

Re: enduro style tires?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsuave13
i am already building up a stockpile of parts for my new bike. I would like to get some better suited tires for my purpose. I plan on doing 80 percent street and 20 percent off road.. when i say off road, i mean mild stuff, on paths and dirt roads.

What tires do people recommend? What have you used? what works well in the rain..
just bought a couple sets of tires for my new Lifan. One set is probably for the wifes bike ( Chen Shinn / Maxxis 6006)

and the other is (Kenda Trackmaster II 760.)

Both at DOT street legal. The Maxxis is a great tire and probably 50/50. The Kenda is an agressive dirt tire more like 80 dirt / 20 street.

I am going to use this bike on the trails mostly so I think the knobbies will be real fun... :wink:

UPDATE: I have the knobbies on now and they EAT dirt.... That being said the 6006's on my wifes XT225 really work well too. I have a set waiting for the Lifan soon as the knobbies wear out.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:26 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to msRandi
tires

I like the stock ones, I got a set for my Yamaha xt350. It had nobbys on the rear when I got it and I hated them on the road. But I realy like the look of CS maxxis 6006. I want a set for the vivas.
Love from the big island.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:59 PM   #10

the maxxis tires look nice.. i think i may try to acquire a 2nd set of wheels and hubs to have a set of just off road tires, and on road tires... i guess it defeats the purpose of having an enduro, but i like to have the options..

Old 02-12-2007, 09:02 PM   #11

What surprised me was how well the Continental MKC80 tires are regarded in the other dual sport forums. They are not cheap, but not the most expensive either. I put a set on my GY200 last fall but haven't had any decent riding weather to give them a good try. Supposedly they perform well on street and dirt.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:24 PM   #12

My 06 GY-5 came with Cheng Shins, pretty damn good tires, stick real well in cornering and work well in dirt, wish the rear was a little wider but overall, no complaints... You gotta watch the sand on the roads down here in FLA. It'll wipe out any bike in a turn and it happens alot here to inexperienced rider ie. 18yr. old on a GSXR whatever...

Old 02-12-2007, 09:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassador
It'll wipe out any bike in a turn and it happens alot here to inexperienced rider ie. 18yr. old on a GSXR whatever...
After my riding experience this past weekend on the Roketard I can definitely see that happening
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)

Old 02-12-2007, 09:47 PM   #14

I liked the Cheng Shins that came on mine too as far as handling. They just rode a little rough and made me uneasy at higher speeds.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:56 PM   #15

They are a little rough, just make sure they are seated properly and inflated to the correct pressure, they don't ship that way... I spun mine while on my milk crate during the lock-tite/building process and realized they were off center..Easy fix...