Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2024, 09:06 PM   #18

300 mile review.

After putting the 5W30 oil in it, I noticed my top speed was higher than before (I reached 68mph once, and 67mph another time today on that same stretch of road).

While during the break-in, I felt as if the bike only ran well up to 5k rpm and after that had a flat torque curve, lifting the jet needle with a washer, made my bike so much more responsive.
After 200-300 miles, it feels like the bike pulled better past 5k rpm, all the way to 6.5 and even 8k rpm.
The bike's vibrations have significantly reduced, and now I can actually see and feel where the fairings and pegs vibrate the most.
Below 5k rpm, vibrations are little, and generally following the following pattern:
2k-3k rpm: smooth
3-3.9k rpm: little rougher
4-5k rpm: smooth
5-6k rpm: vibey (with 5.5k rpm being the worst)
6-7k rpm: smooth
7-8k rpm, very vibey, mostly around 7.5k rpm.
8-8.25k rpm perfectly smooth.

With the lifted jet needle, the bike occasionally burps rich at 1-10% throttle, runs great between 10-50%, but beyond that, I hear the exhaust gets loud again, leading me to believe it's still running a little lean on the top end.

One of my next projects, now that I removed the airbox, and can access the carburetor easily, is to hacksaw open the OEM pz27, and measure the used jets, to install new ones in a new PZ27 I bought for like $20 on Amazon.

I'll then choose a smaller pilot jet -2 (if stock is 40, I'll try to install a 38), and increase the main jet +8 (if main is 100, I'll put a 108 for starters), which should be close to ideal jet sizes im expecting to install.

I'll also lower the jet needle back to it's stock settings.

I'm kind of interested to see what the new 19t sprocket with proper jetting will get in terms of fuel efficiency, as well to see if properly jetting the new carburetor will net better mpg values?

As is, I'm pretty content with the bike so far, but there's always room for improvement.

I also bought a seat cover, to protect the seat from rain and sun.
The cover helps distribute my weight on the seat better, which makes sitting on the bike for longer times much less painful.