Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 07:52 PM   #1

Oops!

I broke that white plastic piece on the bottom of the swing arm. Anyone know where I can find a replacement?

http://gallery.jeffhei.com/album01/lifan_15

Old 02-02-2007, 08:45 PM   #2

Looks like you and I have the exact same bike, how did you break the guard? How do you like your bike, have you had any problems so far beside the guard?

Old 02-02-2007, 09:05 PM   #3

I sat the swing arm down not knowing about the guard. This is the only issue so far. I will post more pics tomorrow. I'm not going start the motor until it gets above freezing. -5 degrees here.

Old 02-02-2007, 09:32 PM   #4

When did you get it, I just got mine yesterday, and I understand how you broke the guard, I thought mine was gonna break too when we pulled it out of the crate... I moved it with my girlfriend from my carport to my shop, only about 10ft. but that things pretty heavy and the back end was just resting on the guard... You can epoxy it back on for now until you find another one...Keep me posted...

Old 02-03-2007, 07:54 AM   #5

My Roketa doesn't have one on those.

Old 02-03-2007, 08:45 AM   #6

To be frank, it looks like a pretty poor attempt at a chain guide.

My suggestion, remove it, it doesnt look like it would be all that effective anyway. It only comes into play if your chain is very loose, or very worn out. I wouldnt let that part stop me from riding a new{er} bike, I would pay closer attention to the chain, which isnt a bad idea anyway.

These 200's are tough on 428 chain. I havent had to adjust the 520 chain on my Lifan hybrid since installation, and it has seen rough racing and recreational duties. 428 chain is under spec'd, 520 is over spec'd for 200cc bikes. Honda used 520's on their 200's, food for thought...

It would appear to have similar mounting dimensions to the chain guide on my Honda XR100. Study the dimensions and relations to the chain line, maybe make a few measurements, and head down to your local Honda dealer to compare to the CRF100 {same bike}. The XR1 chain guide is for 428 chain, and may not work if you move up to 520.

If they match up, the Honda part is more robust, and there are even stronger ones available in the aftermarket.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:00 AM   #7

I have a GY-5 that has the same guard on it. After I got the bike home, I took off all of the plastic guards including the chain guide on the swing arm and brought them down to a local metal fabrication shop and had them duplicate every piece out of aircraft aluminum. In the high contact areas, they used Teflon which they bolted to the guards and did the same for the chain guide. Total cost was $100 but I dont have to worry about parts wearing out and breaking. Now, I dont know if you want to go this route but to me it was all worth it.

Old 02-03-2007, 08:37 PM   #8

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
You had all of the plastics duped for 100$? how much of a weight difference?

2007 X-Moto(Jetmoto) GY250
--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

2007 Shineray TMS 200XYi--Betsy
Betsy Mods:______________________
Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Old 02-03-2007, 08:38 PM   #9

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
Never mind....Just the guards then?

Old 02-03-2007, 11:30 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
i was just going to say make some new ones out of metal. a fab shop could make something like that out of some aluminum for pretty cheap.

if it was me, i would just take it off, cause i know its going to get knocked off anyway... haha.

Old 02-04-2007, 01:57 PM   #11

They used 18 gauge aircraft aluminum to cut down on weight but increased the strength, total weight difference is around 5 ounces maybe? Not much difference, but I can deal with the weight issue other than the replacement or repair of the plastic parts. The teflon wear pads are a wonderful add on, Im glad they thought of that cause I was thinking of something other than the stock plastic like a after market tensioner. But all in all I think $100 is worth paying for a piece of mind rather than pieces of plastics.