Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #1

Mini Hummer wheels on Mini ATV

I know a few of you have both thse machines.
The mini ATV I'm talking about is the former 50cc that now comes with a 110cc engine.

I would like to put the mini hummer wheels and rubber on the mini atv. Ground clearance is the goal.

Now, i have spoken to GIO and they say sure, its been done before, might have to live with a little rubbing. I can deal with that.

BUT I recently noticed the 2 axles are different (they have some on auction atm)...mini hummer axle is wider, probably to accomodate the larger rubber?

Before I get flogged here...there was a lot going on when I ordered the mini ATV and I also misread the site. Thought the ALL NEW 2010 mini atv really was all new, but its the 50cc with a larger engine.

So....stuff happens as they say...was going to sell it, but I spend a lot of time putting these things together correctly, plus I have perf parts for it....so if I could get a set of decent rubber on it, I can live with it.

Thanks

Old 10-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #2

Spend enough time and money and anything becomes possible.

(This from a guy that has 235/85/16's (10 ply) on a Subaru)

Wheel spacers *think* wheel spacers.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:00 PM   #3

Re: Mini Hummer wheels on Mini ATV

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
The mini ATV I'm talking about is the former 50cc that now comes with a 110cc engine.

I would like to put the mini hummer wheels and rubber on the mini atv. Ground clearance is the goal.

Now, i have spoken to GIO and they say sure, its been done before, might have to live with a little rubbing. I can deal with that.

BUT I recently noticed the 2 axles are different (they have some on auction atm)...mini hummer axle is wider, probably to accomodate the larger rubber?

Before I get flogged here...there was a lot going on when I ordered the mini ATV and I also misread the site. Thought the ALL NEW 2010 mini atv really was all new, but its the 50cc with a larger engine.

So....stuff happens as they say...was going to sell it, but I spend a lot of time putting these things together correctly, plus I have perf parts for it....so if I could get a set of decent rubber on it, I can live with it.

Thanks
Hey Pete,

Are you asking a question here regarding the axles or just musing about things?

I believe the mini hummer and mini beast axles are the same.. I can take pictures of my mini beast axle and one of my 50cc axle if you want to look at them side by side?

Old 10-28-2009, 05:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD

Thanks
Hey Pete,

Are you asking a question here regarding the axles or just musing about things?

I believe the mini hummer and mini beast axles are the same.. I can take pictures of my mini beast axle and one of my 50cc axle if you want to look at them side by side?
Turbo, no, not musing. ready to pull trigger on the wheels and tires.
Hows bout a small fav?
Just eyeball the mini hummers rubber and give me your opinion if it will survive on the little guy.

REVEEN: cant argue with you there. Also wheel spacers is good idea if room allows. Thanks.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
REVEEN: cant argue with you there. Also wheel spacers is good idea if room allows. Thanks.
And a body lift.

(My ATV is 4 wheel drive with doors, a heater, and air conditioning)

Old 10-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #6

Hey Pete,

I eyeballed AND took pictures. From judging, I expect they'll fit on the back without much trouble, but you may have some clearancing to do on the front.
I do not remember if the diameter of the axles is the same where the wheel bearing rides on the two machines. I don't have time to rip them off and measure for you today. If you want, I can do that for you on the weekend.

Here are the shots so you can see the difference between the two machines.
NOTE: The Mini Hummer in the family is an hour drive away, I have the Mini Beast, but the tires are the same size on both.

This is that ugly frame piece underneath which is a rock magnet..as well as a oil drain plug blocker!! (has to come off to drain the oil)

Old 10-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveeen
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
And a body lift.

(My ATV is 4 wheel drive with doors, a heater, and air conditioning)
On the little guy, the body is primarily one piece except for the nose I think. May or may not be easy to lift, but certainly not insurmountable by any stretch.

I will make it work, especially with all your help here.

It was my "mistake" ordering it, and I did make a tenuous gesture to GIO but was rebuffed. Did not pursue it because I didnt have a leg to stand on, so why create bad blood over nothing?

Old 10-28-2009, 06:58 PM   #8

TurboT: Wow...thanks a million! Owe you one for sure. You know, the little dude doesnt look half bad in the pic...All this Hot Wheel talk had me really worried about the size of it

I say they will be OK from what I see. Gonna go for it :mrgreen:

Too bad about that frame piece, but what the heck. Its gotta be done to keep the engine alive...looks like a 1 beer job to me

Thanks again man, really appreciate it!!!!

pete