Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2008, 08:57 PM   #1

My next purchase?

I know it is not a dual sport but.....

What do you think?

It is a Qlink Legend... Local dealer said he could get me one for $1700

Old 03-25-2008, 09:00 PM   #2

That is a great price for the Qlink...but it sounds too cheap to be backed by any "warranty" so keep that in mind (SamM found this out the hard way!!)

This should probably be on the "street" forum.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-25-2008, 09:18 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to PorterzCustomz
I think it sucks.. lol I just hate thoes style bikes in general im only into crotch rockets and dirtbikes. My last bike was a Yamaha R1 it would pull 190 mph without breaking a sweat. I guess it seems like a good deal though for what it is.

What is the top speed suppose to be on that thing? I see dual exhaust out of the head so im guessing it has decent power?

Old 03-25-2008, 09:25 PM   #4

I am not sure of top speed...

I am just the opposite ...I hate crotch rockets

Old 03-25-2008, 11:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterzCustomz
I think it sucks.. lol I just hate thoes style bikes in general im only into crotch rockets and dirtbikes. My last bike was a Yamaha R1 it would pull 190 mph without breaking a sweat. I guess it seems like a good deal though for what it is.

What is the top speed suppose to be on that thing? I see dual exhaust out of the head so im guessing it has decent power?
Don't be fooled. The China cruisers have 'fake' dual exhaust on single cylinder engines to add to the looks.

I'd guess your still fairly young which would explain your choice of bikes. When I was in my 20's I had dirt bikes and crotch rockets (or cafe racers as they called them in the early 80's). My first street bike was a Yamaha Seca 750 then later a Suzuki GS/700ES.
I couldn't understand how anyone would want those 'cruiser' bikes because they were slow and didn't handle as well. Now that I'm in my 40's I have absolutely ZERO interest in crotch rockets, they are a kids bike IMO. They don't do long rides well and really are not very practical for anything other then short trips and drag racing (these are all just personal opinion of course which have changed over years).

To each his own. I'm sure your taste will change over the years too no matter how much you say it won't......
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 03-26-2008, 12:11 AM   #6

I prefer cruisers... the point isn't speed, the point is to cruise, hence the name... I don't see the need to be getting anywhere 190mph at a time... Probably will last longer on a cruiser.

I don't have anything against sport bikes though, just not for me... Last year we had a ~5000km trip on our cruisers, was a great ride, I would hate to do that on a crotch rocket, they're so uncomfortable.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:56 AM   #7

+1 on the above

I prefer the cruiser just for that reason...

It is a true dual exhasut .... "qlink legend 250 cruiser vertical parallel twin cylinder engine"

But I could be wrong

Old 03-26-2008, 10:35 AM   #8

Send a message via AIM to PorterzCustomz
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhyak
Quote:

Don't be fooled. The China cruisers have 'fake' dual exhaust on single cylinder engines to add to the looks.

I'd guess your still fairly young which would explain your choice of bikes. When I was in my 20's I had dirt bikes and crotch rockets (or cafe racers as they called them in the early 80's). My first street bike was a Yamaha Seca 750 then later a Suzuki GS/700ES.
I couldn't understand how anyone would want those 'cruiser' bikes because they were slow and didn't handle as well. Now that I'm in my 40's I have absolutely ZERO interest in crotch rockets, they are a kids bike IMO. They don't do long rides well and really are not very practical for anything other then short trips and drag racing (these are all just personal opinion of course which have changed over years).

To each his own. I'm sure your taste will change over the years too no matter how much you say it won't......

Your correct, short trips and drag racing =) ohh and of course young woman! =) I think its also a symbol of youth and rebellion. I am 26

Old 03-26-2008, 12:14 PM   #9

Quote:
ohh and of course young woman! =) I think its also a symbol of youth and rebellion. I am 26
Don't the scantilly clad young women come stock with any sports bike purchased 8O :P ?!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-26-2008, 01:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW4TX
+1 on the above

I prefer the cruiser just for that reason...

It is a true dual exhasut .... "qlink legend 250 cruiser vertical parallel twin cylinder engine"

But I could be wrong
You are correct, this bike actually does have a dual exhaust. I've seen many of the China street bikes though that do have fake exhaust. Even a D/S that has a fake dual exhaust where the phony exhaust was actually a tool case.
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 04-05-2008, 07:33 PM   #11

I've seen the phoney dual exhaust on the Lfian V-Twin 250's. I think the Virago is the same.

I started out on a cafe racer in '81. Got into cruisers, now I prefer sportbikes, well "standards", really. The crotch rocket seating and low handlebars is not for me. To be honest, I really don't have a preference over a cruiser, standard, enduro or whatever. As long as it has 2 wheels and is comfortable, I'm cool.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:47 PM   #12

head lamps?

It's a nice looking bike
wouldn't mind one myself
but..

just curious but what are those two small head lamps pointing at?

the trees?

Old 04-05-2008, 10:31 PM   #13

Send a message via Yahoo to panamarandy
it looks nice, but be warned, its identical to the Tank Vision R-3 bike, which I have and has been nothing but trouble..

Old 04-05-2008, 11:17 PM   #14

There is another cruiser bike that is out there...It is not the same as the Qlink... It is liquid cooled... Sorry dont know the manufacturer, I have seen one at a local dealer near Lawenceburg IN. I can get the name and number if you want...

Ken

Old 04-06-2008, 09:57 AM   #15

All nice bikes.

I have heard on a couple different sites (scootdawgs..cough) (that mabey the liquid cooled Chinese are NOT reliable...or as reliable as the Air cooled.

It (cooling system)was causing many leak issues and therefore unrideable often.
What is the consensus here???
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)