Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Today, 10:18 AM   #1

Oh No Warning about Venom Motorsports delivery

I ordered a KPX250 from Venom Motorsports USA (order #42681). The shipping method per Venom's website was "Door Step Delivery"
Venom uses a carrier called R+L Carriers. On July 25th I received a text message from R+L stating the bike was out for delivery and "no signature required" delivery method has been chosen by Venom.
I went to R+L's website and found the following information about this type of delivery: "Freight placed in secure location to the best of the drivers ability".
I live on a dirt road, one mile from pavement that is traveled by at least fifty vehicles a day, including tractor trailers. My driveway is a 200 foot 16 foot wide hard packed gravel road that leads in a straight line from this dirt road to my house. I have personally backed a 26 foot U-Haul truck down my driveway. I have received two deliveries on 48 foot tractor trailers who backed down my driveway. I have had numerous 27 foot trucks back down my driveway for deliveries.
However, after reading about other peoples experience with Venom's choice of delivery not living up to the promised standard of "Door Step Delivery" when it was absolutely possible for this to happen, I was concerned.
So at 4:45 PM when I heard the 26 foot R+L delivery truck stop on the dirt road in front of my neighbors house, I drove up to him and found him unloading the bike onto the dirt road. He told me he was going to leave it on the dirt road in front of my neighbors house.
I asked him if he would back down my driveway and deliver it to my house. He said no, it was impossible to back down my driveway. I explained to him about the many other deliveries I have experienced. I could tell he was angry and had no intention on backing up to my house. I asked him to "please" take five minutes of his time and back down my driveway. I told him it would save me a lot of time and work. After begging several times he reluctantly with a bad attitude backed up to my house and unloaded.
What a negative, stressful experience. If I would not have been home and intervened, my bike would have been sitting on a well traveled dirt road in front of my neighbors house just up a hill and around a bend where oncoming traffic would have had to make a last second decision to avoid running in to it. I pass this experience along to others who may use Venom when purchasing a bike.
In Venom's defense. The bike appears at first glance to be undamaged. It arrived in a timely manner. The staff responded quickly to my inquiries. I have had no negative experiences with Venom directly.

Old Today, 10:40 AM   #2

I've read mixed reviews on R+L Carriers. Some not so good. R+L Carriers in my area are probably the best. I usually have the same guy delivering and he usually helps me uncrate it to make sure there is no damage.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old Today, 01:12 PM   #3

Unfortunately, R&L is the only choice for some places in the states. I have gotten several bikes delivered by them. 50% easy peasy, the other 50% PITA.

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old Today, 01:23 PM   #4

My experience with R&L and that of my son-in-law was great, but we had a really easy place to deliver.