Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2009, 02:10 PM   #1

Need some help! Komoto qh250-gy

Here is the situation, I was riding my Komoto qh250-gy home and the bike just shut off on me and would not start. I went and changed the spark plug to an NGK and it started 1st time. I get up this morning and now it wont start again. I checked the compression and it is good and I checked the spark plug and it is not getting any spark. What would cause this? Could it be the CDI box or would it be something else? If it is the CDI box what is the part # and where would I order it from? I did a search and could not find it for my model. I would appreciate any help!

Old 10-03-2009, 04:37 PM   #2

i would start by checking ALL the connectors this is a weak spot for all the chinese bikes take them loose put some dielectric or white lithium greese in the connectors make sure all the pins/blades are good then reconnect and put a zip tie so they will stay together if it dont fix it you only saved yourself trouble later :wink: and cost you near nothing
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 10-03-2009, 08:24 PM   #3

Well, I got the bike started! But - new problem, The headlights stopped working! :x

Old 10-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #4

What did you do to make the bike start? Can you test the headlight to make sure it isn't burned out? Does your headlight come on automatically when you start the bike, or does it have a switch?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-03-2009, 08:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
What did you do to make the bike start? Can you test the headlight to make sure it isn't burned out? Does your headlight come on automatically when you start the bike, or does it have a switch?
Well, I am ashamed to admit it but I had the CDI connectors loose. :oops: The headlight comes on automatically and I noticed that when I tried the high beams they did not work. Next thing you know the headlights stopped working altogether. :x

Old 10-04-2009, 01:27 AM   #6

I'd be inclined to check the dimmer switch, along with the connector for it. I'll bet that the switch isn't closing the circuit.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer