Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2008, 03:34 PM   #1

Well the Beast "Lifan" is alive , again

Well, its built finally . More or less. :?
I got it all together, went to throw the chain on and come to realize my new Motor has a 428 front drive sprocket and all my stuff is 420, rear sprocket, chain , blah blah blah . :evil:
Needless to say I won't be riding this bike this weekend . But I did fire it up !!! BEASTY !!!!
First kick, darn I am good . ( Did you notice I am not very modest about this stuff ? ) Its the Mikuni I tell ya , nothing better . Very strong motor, sounds like I am going to hurt myself for sure 8O

I will post pics even if my dog dies this weekend . I take her in at 3:15 today to see what the heck is wrong with her , darn it . My Dog , my sprocket, whats next today ? Atom bomb over my freeking house maybe ? Heck why not . In the mood I am in I would catch the bomb and be happy. Its better than Dog pain I am suffering watching her be sick for God knows why yet ? If you have a good dog, you'll understand all that .
She is a prize Rabbit Hunting Beagle from Florida , nice hound .

I think your going to like the pics, it went together well . You may not like the Micheal Jackson Disco Red and Gold color scheme, but thats ok too, the bike is undeniably nice looking reguardless, because of the componants that are on it . If your a Lifan fan then you'll certainly appreciate thier same size bore too stroke ratio race motors in this chassis and the other chassis I got going too . Will post some pics of the second build going on too, its worth a look , all black and carbon fibre, very cool looking bike . Not sure which one I like best anymore ? The only componants I went with the same on the second build are the motor and handle bars, everything else is different , even the frame . Still traditional frame but a true XR CR frame this time, with a 2 inch stretch and slight rake in the Head so I can jack the back up to make it work better than this last build. I wish I was set up with some gas electric Welding equiptment man . I can do all that myself . Some day I hope I can afford that kind of equiptment . Till then I have to buy what I need for the most part .

Cheers, pics are comming to your neighborhood soon .

Cheers, kelly5150 out :(

Old 04-25-2008, 11:14 PM   #2

Good luck with the pup Kelly...and sprocket issue.
I took my daughters bike out for a good rip today...runs better the longer you drive...
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 04-26-2008, 05:36 AM   #3

Warrior91

I hope you let her watch you ride her bike Warrior91 8O
I always hated that when Dad said " let me ride that there boy " . Watching him leave the curviture of the earth on the Horizon of course .
Half hour later he comes back , " Here you go boy " . " Nice Bike son " .
Gee where you been Dad ? " Safety test son " ...............Dads
Your no different I can see that Warrior . Dads ...........

I ordered a set of 428 Rear sprocket and chain combo in GOld for the Beast, now I wait again . It never ends I tell ya . Knowing my luck it will be one link short of what I freeking need . :x
I keep telling my supplier I am not made of money but he doesn't believe me . After my vet bill yesterday night I am tapped and have a dead dog on top of it all . Sometimes you just can't win . Some days your the bull , somedays you get the horns .

Thanks for the best wishes though by the way .
Cheers, kelly out , late and whacked OUT tonight

Old 04-26-2008, 11:12 AM   #4

Sorry to hear your loss.
I have lost many good dogs....unfortunatley humans outlast their 4 legged friends. Our little black Pom. popped her hip out a couple months ago and spent a week at the vets...almost needed surgery to keep it in , but it finally stayed....The Dog cost $300, the vet bill was $800....As near as I can figure our little princess is worth $100 a pound! But we both know that you can't put a price on unconditional love.

Good luck with the chain...you can't always get what you want...or get what you need.... I am tempted to buy a length of chain and make my own chains for our stable of chinabikes.

And as for Dad "safety tests"....guilty...I "have " to ride it as my daughter will be idling around in figure 8 and will not break the bike in by givin' er through all gears then cool down...I can't let her just lug it to break it in...LOL...That is my EXCUSE for riding her bike ...what a blast.
I imagine pictures/ vid to follow later today.

She has operated our old atc 70 and could shift the semi....but I fear she might have problems learning clutching and clutch /rear brake procedure... She has troubles running my Warrior...but it isn't as easy to run as this bike...You can drop the clutch off idle and the bike chugs ahead...no crazy reving / slow release of clutch nec. for takeoff.

Take er easy Kelly, I'll take her any way I can.
Warrior 91
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)