Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2024, 11:38 PM   #1

Tao 110 / PZ20 Carb

I'm admitting defeat, and come crawling to you for help. I've wrangled with a dozen small engine carbs in my life... but this one has got me beat.

Picked up a used Tao B110 that had been neglected for a few seasons. Drained the fuel and replaced it with clean non-ethanol gas. Changed oil, spark, battery, and carb since all were questionable. I can get it running but it takes a lot of throttle micro-management to get it going and stay running.

Carb is a PZ20 off Amazon, with the needle set on slot 2 from the "factory" (1 being the lowest slot).

No matter how much I tinker with the A/F screw or the idle screw I can't get it dialed in.

I get the idle dialed in, but then it bogs on low throttle positions. I back out the A/F screw a little and that solves the low throttle issue, but then it will die when it returns to idle after a high throttle.

On the off chance that I manage to get any of that dialed in... the overflow starts dumping fuel all over the garage floor OR it won't start unless I bounce the throttle OR it starts to runaway idle.

I mean this thing has me absolutely beat. Anyone else with a 110 + PZ20 that has some tips on where to start on the screws?

Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM   #2

Fuel out the overflow would signal float/needle valve problems.