Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2010, 04:29 PM   #1

rockliner 500...4x4 issues

hi,a friend of mine has a gio rockliner 500 and the 4x4 keeps screwing up and it blows the fuses constantly. anyone have any problems with theirs? no help from gio and from what I can see they have no parts either

Old 09-09-2010, 05:34 PM   #2

Re: rockliner 500...4x4 issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotax583
hi,a friend of mine has a gio rockliner 500 and the 4x4 keeps screwing up and it blows the fuses constantly. anyone have any problems with theirs? no help from gio and from what I can see they have no parts either
Interesting. Nobody here has come forth with a Rockliner yet. They are nice looking machines.

Do you have a Gio dealer near you? A machine of that cost you would hope they'd have some form of support for it.

You may need to give the members here some more details of the setup for the 4x4. You say it's blowing fuses is it an electronic shift into 4x4?

Old 09-09-2010, 05:50 PM   #3

turbot...I recently became a dealer...but I will admit there is nothing good about beeing a gio dealer.......we pay more for the bikes then the public does and have no support or tech to help us with problem solving.when we stock atvs the warranty starts from the date we purchase them and not when its sold to the customer..........so if I have it for 3 months there is only 3 months warranty left on it.its been almost 2 months that my friend is trying to get a cv joint for it and they have none.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:54 PM   #4

time to check name brand quads for their cv joint measurments..

btw if you are blowing fuses there is a short somewhere.. the easyest way to track it down is a little device that has a needle kind of like a guage. i cant remember the name of it but you run it over the wires nice and slowly and when the needle moves.. bingo there is your short..

but now its blowing fuses that has to do with the shifting in to 4 wheel drive. so give the wires a good once or twice over from the shifter all the way to the transfer case/transmission..

Old 09-09-2010, 05:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotax583
turbot...I recently became a dealer...but I will admit there is nothing good about beeing a gio dealer.......we pay more for the bikes then the public does and have no support or tech to help us with problem solving.when we stock atvs the warranty starts from the date we purchase them and not when its sold to the customer..........so if I have it for 3 months there is only 3 months warranty left on it.its been almost 2 months that my friend is trying to get a cv joint for it and they have none.
Alright. I can't really have any kind of opinion on being a dealer other than I wasn't aware you were one until right now. I'd like to think there'd be a bit more support there but nothing surprises me anymore.

I'd suggest posting a pic of the CV joint here, perhaps someone will recognize the design and/or seen one somewhere. Sizes help too as Mizke mentioned. That quad looks like a Yamaha copy to me so I'd be looking at Grizzly's and such for part swapping.

The blowing fuses I'm still confused on.. when does it blow the fuse?

Old 09-09-2010, 06:12 PM   #6

if you find a cv that is the right length, you could easly make a adapter plate with holes drilled for the stock bolts and then seperate holes drilled for the new cv bolts

they make adapters like that for doing rear end swaps on mustangs..

a v6 comes with a 7.5in rear end, but if you wanted to put a gt/cobra 8.8in rear end you would buy the correct drive shaft that would come with the adapter plates. same is true for swapping a 9in rear into any mustang

Old 09-09-2010, 06:13 PM   #7

it blows the fuse when put it 4wd.it has push button 2wd-4wd and 4wd lock.as for the cv joint it ressembles the arctic cat one the most.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #8

then find a company online that sells those cv axles and email them with your problem and if they could please measure the length, mounting holes and whatever else you need for it..

i would look at the button for switching the drive type and then also look at the wires going into the transfer case and follow them back to the button

Old 09-09-2010, 09:44 PM   #9

rotax583, please take a moment and update your signature to reflect your dealer status, per Frostbite's request: http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=2643

Not sure if this is helpful, but another member reported that his bike belw a fuse when the turn signals were operated, IIRC. I believe that there was a screw inside the switch that made contact between the circuit and ground. Perhaps something similar is happening here.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-11-2010, 04:25 PM   #10

rockliner 500 cc 4 x 4 problems

YES as mentioned.. they do not have many parts for the warranty or otherwise.. I have a 500 that I just sold.. and the engine fan is running all the time ( with the key off) and it drains the battery down.. and now the 4x4 is locked and will not release.. I am having the person bring it back.. I am a dealer as well.. this is the first rockliner that I sold.. and I have a 300 cc unit as well that has some problems.. have to look at it and see why it will not start( does nothing ,no power) I would think the CV;S are the YAMAHA STYLE.. take one off and go match it up.. do you have a place to check them ?? please post your results for a match up..

Old 09-11-2010, 04:28 PM   #11

splice in a switch into the power wires for the fan, that way it can be turned off when the rider is done riding and turned on when its time to ride

Old 09-11-2010, 04:35 PM   #12

FAN OPERATION

I would like to keep it looking factory and find the problem.. this is a new atv.. 2 weeks old.. customer sure would be ticked off with all the splices and by pass switches.. not a red neck atv

Old 09-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #13

cv parts

what do you need...?? just the u-joint?? should be able to match that up at some bearing shops.. I have some from my HENSIM 400 CC .. which is a YAMAHA PART.. CHECK them out

Old 09-11-2010, 09:49 PM   #14

still having problems.the 4x4 works but now its burning fuses at any given time when we turn the handlebars..the wires had been put together wrong from gio.connectors are really cheap and break if you touch them.really not impressed.I wont be selling anything over the 110cc from gio.they really are not dealer friendly.i spent 5 hours putting a rebel 125cc together.every bolt was stripped and nothing fit right.they told me it was up to me to deal with that since im a dealer lol.all this for nothing because I believe my customer bought one at a gio auction.i forgot to mention the that bumper was 2 inches to wide,,,I had to put it in the press to get it to fit...