Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2021, 05:59 PM   #1

Question Issue With Fuel Pump Connector

Hi!

I finished my Hawk DLX 250 assembly and was able to go for a first ride without any issue yesterday. Today, as soon as I turned the bike on and the fuel pump started, gas sprayed out from the side.

I removed the panel and found that the little plastic connector after the fuel pump (with the 2 gray pressure points) does not fit snug.

It won't come off entirely unless the connectors are released, but it can slide back n forth a bit after the plastic lock. If I hold it tightly, it seals and gas isn't spewing out for the most part.

Anyone else have this issue or ideas on how to solve it?

Update:
I had a closer look and it looks like at least the fuel pump is cracked. (Couldn't get the last bolt off, was tied too tight and ran out of daylight)

Last edited by RTGOAT; 07-07-2021 at 07:57 PM.

Old 07-07-2021, 09:59 PM   #2

I have similar connectors on the fuel filter for my Crown Vic. They slide around but don't leak.

If you can, confirm it's leaking from the fuel pump that you noticed was cracked. Hopefully the company you bought it from will warranty it.

Old 07-08-2021, 01:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badluck View Post
I have similar connectors on the fuel filter for my Crown Vic. They slide around but don't leak.

If you can, confirm it's leaking from the fuel pump that you noticed was cracked. Hopefully the company you bought it from will warranty it.

Yeah, I got in contact with the manufacturer. I suspect they'll be sending a new pump.

It sprays out like a water bottle with several small holes. Its definitely coming from those cracks.

Thanks for the response!