Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2023, 05:17 PM   #1

Hawk DLX surging

Ran good first 80 miles then started surging so bad I cannot ride it. I changed oil at about 60 miles and changed air box because the tube was crushed from shipping. I put dialectical grease on most connectors. Yellow engine light is on but nothing when I key on off on off leave on. No blinking.

Old 05-27-2023, 03:44 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjohnson View Post
Ran good first 80 miles then started surging so bad I cannot ride it. I changed oil at about 60 miles and changed air box because the tube was crushed from shipping. I put dialectical grease on most connectors. Yellow engine light is on but nothing when I key on off on off leave on. No blinking.
I finally got a cord to hook it to a zr13 scanner. P0122 and P0113.

Old 05-27-2023, 04:21 PM   #3

Check that you put everything back together right after the dielectric grease.

Sounds like a couple of the wires are not making contact as far as the throttle position sensor and air temperature sensor.

And maybe make sure everything seated well. As in the connectors clicked into place. And weren’t installed partially so that they could come loose.

Old 05-27-2023, 04:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy View Post
Check that you put everything back together right after the dielectric grease.

Sounds like a couple of the wires are not making contact as far as the throttle position sensor and air temperature sensor.

And maybe make sure everything seated well. As in the connectors clicked into place. And weren’t installed partially so that they could come loose.
Going to check now.

Old 05-27-2023, 05:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Going to check now.
I knew I did a good job on connecting all plugs under headlight. After reading you responds I remembered there were 2 connectors on the throttle body. Sure enough I found one of them was not fully snapped it. Thank you so much for the response. It is running fantastic now.

Old 05-27-2023, 10:50 PM   #6

Quote:
I knew I did a good job on connecting all plugs under headlight. After reading you responds I remembered there were 2 connectors on the throttle body. Sure enough I found one of them was not fully snapped it. Thank you so much for the response. It is running fantastic now.
Good to hear!

Because you posted such a complete set of facts. It was pretty easy to narrow it down actually. Those error codes and the fact that you had unplugged the wiring in that area was just too great of a coincidence.

Glad you are back to normal.