Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2017, 08:08 AM   #1

Where can I source parts for a Xingyue xy150zk?

Hey guys I have a true Xingyue xy150zk, the scooter with a roof that is like the Automoto but is an original Xingyue.

I have searched the US, UK, Philippines, etc to find parts for this damn thing. I even used google translate and sent a e-mail in Chinese directly to Xingyue. WHY CAN'T I GET PARTS!!

I understand dealers in the US don't want to order them but there has to be just a English speaking Xingyue dealer in the entire world that has access to contacts at Xingyue in China (because they order parts for other bikes) that could order me parts I needed, no?

Sounds logical. Any ideas??

Old 04-13-2017, 09:09 AM   #2

Link to recent discussion with a parts place in the US

Old 04-13-2017, 09:17 AM   #3

Link to my actual engine being worked on

This guy in NYC said he would work on my engine but I would have to remove it from the bike. I removed it and brought it to him. He replaced a bunch of parts and rebuilt it, which it needed due to a recent seizure from an oil seal leak. I got it unfrozen but it had a nasty crank knock.

This guy put in the wrong crank so the variator stuck out farther then it should. After he calls me, I tell him ok no problem, just order the correct crank and resplit the case and reinstall. He said he refused to put any more time into the engine and told me to come pick it up.

The engine runs but the magneto and variator both rub the case covers so I cant run it a long time. Plus after I reinstalled, the bike started to move forward but then it stopped and won't move. Sounds like something in the rear broke after the clutch. Again, something I need parts for.

This guy took my money and put the work in so I didn't argue with him and was very civil but in the end, it was more about the money and his time instead of doing a quality job. So after a year of the bike still not running, I am revisiting this again. I would like my bike fixed. Ofcourse at this point thats a pipe dream.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:27 AM   #4

From what I just read ,I don't see the point of repairing the current engine set up ,it appears that even if you got it repaired and running again ,all that effert would be very short lived .Any chance a swap to a more conventional gy6 set up would be possible ?lots of gy6 go carts and quads around for ideas .

Old 04-13-2017, 10:48 AM   #5

Hey Bruce, thanks for replying. And I 100% agree with you.

I found a custom fabrication shop that is willing to assist me in installing a Helix Engine, which is scheduled to happen in a few months. However, with my posts being online elsewhere, there are owners of this bike that come to me a lot looking for parts as well. And since I own one, I may need parts later such as a windshield. I actually want a new windshield now since the previous owner left it out in the sun and its faded. So I need to find a source for parts, regardless. Eventually, I would still like to fix or replace this engine as if I sell the bike, I will want to sell them an original running engine.

Would be nice if someone actually could do some legwork and find how to get parts. Xingyue in mainland China refuses to answer any E-Mails in English or Chinese (using google translate). I have even tried using Alibaba and those other sites that list the company for wholesalers to contact them to buy their products per unit for resale thinking someone would get back to me that way. This is very frustrating.

There is a company in Peru CSR Motor that apparently is importing them from China now but they aren't returning E-Mails either in Spanish, using Google Translate. That is a link to their website.

For the life of me, I can not wrap my head around how these were sold in the USA, Canada, UK, Russia, and some other countries under the Xingyue brand by Xingyue dealers then later when Xingyue pulled out of the USA they were imported by the now defunct Automoto Corp out of Cali, and now it is absolutely impossible for anyone, worldwide, to get me access to parts for this bike. Its completely ridiculous. You would think at least CSR, who sells them now, would reply.

At this point, I am ready to get my friend who speaks fluent Spanish to help me call CSR and talk to them. If that doesn't work, I will have to find a Chinese-American to help me call Xingyue directly because apparently, that seems like the only way at this point.

Old 04-13-2017, 11:13 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejax View Post
put in the wrong crank so the variator stuck out farther then it should
Potential resource . . if you have not already eliminated them.

Just for reference . . this poster started multiple threads trying to find a compatible GY6-B cylinder head.

Old 04-13-2017, 11:35 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
Potential resource . . if you have not already eliminated them.

Just for reference . . this poster started multiple threads trying to find a compatible GY6-B cylinder head.
Hey Tortoise, I just spoke to someone at SportCoupe. Great to talk to but is unable to help.

And for the second link, I don't need a head. I need other parts. Preferably a new complete engine since the guy who did the rebuild job used a dremel to fit the new head that didn't sit right and therefore cannot be returned to original manufacturer's specs. I would also like to source the parts like the gears in the rear, for example. And most def a windshield.

Old 04-13-2017, 12:32 PM   #8

I have a custom plastics guy a half hour away ,he would make you a windshield no problem ,any chance you have a guy like that closer to you ?

Old 04-13-2017, 12:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
I have a custom plastics guy a half hour away ,he would make you a windshield no problem ,any chance you have a guy like that closer to you ?
Hey Bruce,

I have talked to a few plastic places and windshield places. I have also spoke to a place that makes plexiglass windshields for race cars. None of them would help.

They told me the problem is that the windshield has to be DOT legal in regards to how it shatters and also it curves from top to bottom and side to side. When I first bought it, you couldn't see out of it at all. I took the windshield by itself to an auto body shop and they polished the hell out of it so now its usable but still not great at night. Not that it matters right now because I can't ride the bike but when i get it fixed, it would be nice to have a new clear windshield.

Last edited by thejax; 04-13-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Old 08-08-2017, 11:27 PM   #10

i have a 2008 Xingyue XY150ZK for sale

it only has 520 miles on it. i was going to fix it up but maybe i might sell it instead. Im in durango colorado. 603 327 8832

Old 08-06-2018, 08:28 AM   #11

Xingyue Shop Manual

I found this shop manual for the Xingyue or AutoMoto and it may be of use to someone.

http://www.letaj.com/scooter/Complet...ice_Manual.pdf

Old 08-06-2018, 09:51 AM   #12

AutoMoto Parts

Here are some items you might find useful -

This battery works fine:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Exhaust Gasket:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Spark Plug:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Head:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Read more: http://scooterdoc.proboards.com/conv...#ixzz5NPEFSeG9

Old 08-06-2018, 01:33 PM   #13

I had an AutoMoto for a while, I know the GY6 motor in it has some differences than the normal GY6 Scooter motors, not sure what they differences were, but enough that a Scooter motor wouldn't just bolt in to the AutoMoto.

I kind of miss the Automoto, if it had a 250 in it, I'd still have it....
I called mine "The Great Pumpkin"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TGPumpkin.jpg (92.1 KB, 1896 views)
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 08-06-2018, 02:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck369 View Post
AutoMoto . . the GY6 motor in it has some differences than the normal GY6 Scooter motors
Parts For Scooters also offers some GY6-B engine parts . . but unknown if they are compatible with the AutoMoto configuration.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:58 AM   #15

Rectifier

Does anyone know where the rectifier is located on this thing? Do I need to pull the floorboard up to get to it or is there an easier way?

Tags
automoto, xingyue, xy150zk