Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2018, 09:39 AM   #1

Thumbs Up 2018 TaoTao Rhino 250 Review

The quad runs perfect and I'm very happy. I have plenty of torque in 2018 model. Climbs perfectly with plenty of power. Im 6 250lb. Handles well and is nimble. Provides just enough flex and absorption. Shocks are good and the chain is heavy duty and hasn't budged. Rear shock and swing arm needed tighten after about 30 miles. Frame welds look like 8th grade shop class in areas but they all are sturdy. On the first oil change after break in, i noticed a normal or lower amount of shards on the magnetic drain plug. The plastics fit and finish left a lot to be desired and was a pain to line up and bolt down correctly. (only complaint thus far) The racks vibrate on top of the frame and that was little annoying. I placed foam door seal under the parts that rattled. I treat 93 unleaded with lucus ethanol stable and using lucus synthetic oil (must be broken in with natural oil) purrs like a cat with no smoke or sputter and is fast.. In general I would say they addressed outstanding complaints in this model. Anyone labeling these junk or not good are simply ignorant or pissed they spent alot of money, dont have a one or are riding around in a 15yr old rag tag they at the payed double for. I ordered mine from Texas Motor Sports off of ebay. I payed a little more then I should because I wanted trade assurances and good customer service after hearing inflated or exaggerated horror. I spoke with the gentlemen a few times on the VIA phone and email and he was concerned and respectful.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:01 AM   #2

Congrats, I also just received my 2018 Rhino and it has been fun so far no complaints from my end.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:44 AM   #3

Fenders

Did you install the fenders or did they come attached?

Old 04-17-2018, 10:51 AM   #4

I installed them watched this video he breaks it down pretty good.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:29 AM   #5

This is how mine came.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:46 PM   #6

Congrats on the Rhino... it's a good machine. I can't complain about it as it's really served my purpose for buying it.

A couple of cheap mods (sprocket/carb/air filter/winch/hitch) has mine setup as a full on utility ATV with plenty of pop and pull.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:22 PM   #7

Hey i just got a TT250 Rhino as well, and have new carb/sprockets/chain/filter/2" spacers, but i'm looking to add slightly bigger tires and wondering if anyone else has looked into or has upgraded their tires yet?

If so, what did you pick up?

Old 04-18-2018, 06:04 AM   #8

I wasn't able to find any larger diameter front tires that would fit but did find some larger rear. Kenda Bear Claw 23x10-10. Very good in sand and other stuff but being 6 ply they ride rough.

Old 04-18-2018, 07:13 PM   #9

ITP Mud lite makes tires that will fit both front and rear.

Old 04-24-2018, 04:38 PM   #10

I've been riding mine a lot past week, i kept everything stock so far all the upgrades are just sitting in the garage.

After going over the bike and making sure nothing was loose from delivery, and tightening up clutch/breaks to my liking.. i went to go start it and had some problems keeping it going for more than 3-5 seconds.

This problem goes away after 30 minutes of running it, so anyone else having issues that first day, dont worry it will operate normally after you've had a few sessions on it. I did turn the idle screw up a lot for the first few rides, and slowly lowered it every 10-15 minutes until the bike could idle without stalling.

Pan is right, this thing doesn't have any of the issues i read from previous posters... the newer ones climb crazy hills even from a dead stop with a 340lbs giant sitting on this thing... WITHOUT changing the spokes or carb.

Went riding with the family who are mostly on honda 450-550s, and i was keeping up just fine, i even had no problems blasting through the mud pits with them, even though its just 2wd, the low end torq is really high.

I think my only gripe is I had to fix the lower end of the cable for the clutch, where it attaches to the bring and has two nuts for adjusting.. they constantly would losen up after a 30 minute ride and were driving me crazy, so i just shortened the cable.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:23 AM   #11

It really is amazing what you receive for the money spent.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-25-2018, 10:46 AM   #12

cables

what I do on cables is to put a big gob of silicone on the threads after the nut... this stops the nut coming loose and rattling on the threads.... and you can always adjust the nut after as it is not locktited ... do this to all your cable ends... and brake cables like the park brake .. and the inspection hole on the side of the motor.....chrome cover.... just a dab on the threads keeps it in the hole...

Old 04-25-2018, 03:54 PM   #13

If there's room I put both nuts on the front side of the bracket and lock them together. No need for a nut on the back side, the spring tension will hold it in place.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:29 PM   #14

I just bought one too. Does anyone have an service manual for this? I'm trying to adjust the valve clearances.

Old 04-26-2018, 08:56 AM   #15

i think it is the same as this hawk 250cc

Tags
taotao rhino 250