Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2012, 07:35 AM   #1

Hello from UK, Devon

Hi my names Toby, last week I ordered a brand new Lexmoto LSM 125

Here is some photos off the web, I'll get plenty of pictures when it arrives

Can anyone identify the engine as a copy? I thought I read somewhere it was a Yamaha YBR replica? But I know very little about bikes, although am quite keen with car mechanics!

Anyway, great forum and nice to get some decent info!

Old 06-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #2

Welcome; we are glad you joined us!

I'm am unfamiliar with your bike, and the Yamaha YBR125. However, judging from the photographs, it does appear your LSM125 employs a copy of the YBR125 engine. It's nice to see another copy of the Yamaha engine in a Chinese motorcycle. Up to this point, my Zongshen 200GY-2 was the only Chinese bike I had discovered with a Yamaha cloned engine.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #3

Welcome!

Sweet looking bike. I agree with Spud; the engine looks like a Yamaha product, particularly because of the starter location.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #4

Yeah I'm 99% sure its Yamaha now after comparing the two. Wish it would hurry up and arrive now, was delayed because of the Diamond Jubilee!

Well Spud, looks as though we have something in common now. I also live near Dapp another member on the forum who posted photos of Dartmoor with the old "clapper" bridges I think they're known as, beautiful place. So I'll be going for rides with him on the moors for definite!

Old 06-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #5

I'm looking forward to it mate

Old 06-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #6

Lovely part of the country down there. My missus used to leave in east Devon and wants to move back.... Too cold up here in Lincolnshire lol

I recently looked at getting a LSM but I found the seat far to hard and square edged to be comfortable and wasn't convinced by the finish of the bike. Also the engine is a little disappointing by modern standards - the bikes looks demand more than the 10bhp the Lexi has to give..
That said, there's a guy lives nearby who has the almost identical Pulse Adrenaline and he loves it, and on the plus side Lexmoto are an excellent and reliable company to deal with, their www.cmpo.co.uk spares service is particularly good.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:26 AM   #7

I can see where the saddle might be a bit narrow. However, the LSM 125 looks very nice from the photographs! Among the features I like on this bike are:

Recently manufactured Yamaha engine
Perimeter frame
Disc brakes front and rear, with wave rotors
USD forks
Nice fenders
Nice headlight
Nice color scheme

If Leximotor has good parts support, that is another nice benefit. In addition, one can probably easily obtain Yamaha parts for this bike's engine.

I eagerly await further reports on this bike, and would love to see photographs of this motorcycle in its native habitat of Devonshire.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-08-2012, 05:39 AM   #8

Don't worry spud, I'll get trigger happy with the camera when we go out for a ride or 2!

Any idea when it's getting delivered Toby? Like I said before, if you need any help with anything when it turns up send me a pm and I'll come down and give you a hand, you're only 10 minutes down the road from me so it's no problem!

Old 06-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #9

@blito - It certainly has some lovely spots down here in Devon but the north is equally nice! My mum is originally from Scarborough and I love it up there with the Yorkshire dales!

I agree that the seat is certainly quite square but I don't plan on doing many long rides as it's just a commuter for work which is about 1 1/2 miles away! Finish wise I much prefer the look to the Pulse adrenaline which seems slightly too common these days. I've never actually seen one of these on the road which is nice.

@spud - Thanks for the positive comments. I think it's a lovely looking bike, there will be plenty of photos don't worry about that! Hopefully up on the moores.

@dapp - Hopefully it'll come next week although as it's brand new it will need registering and I've no idea how long that will take. It also means I have to send off my passport and provisional driving license which I'm not overly happy about because knowing my luck they'll get lost in the post, so I'm considering sending one then the other but obviously that will lengthen the process again...urgh!

Old 06-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #10

I might be wrong, but I thought there were some Dvla offices in Exeter down by exe bridges roundabout that were able to register vehicles for road use, I may be wrong but could be worth checking out seeing as its on your doorstep!

Old 06-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapp
I might be wrong, but I thought there were some Dvla offices in Exeter down by exe bridges roundabout that were able to register vehicles for road use, I may be wrong but could be worth checking out seeing as its on your doorstep!
You sir are dead right actually, renslade house? Although I paid an extra £100 for the on the road price, perhaps I could still do it! Thanks man!

Old 06-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #12

Sent my provisional drivers license up yesterday morning and they emailed me to say it's arrived at they have registered it so I officially have a "12" plate bike! They have one more thing to do but said it should be with me early next week! So excited now, although can't do my CBT training this weekend as I don't have my license anymore!! Slightly annoying..

Old 06-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #13

Good to hear you're making progress!

Old 06-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #14

Good for you, Toby. Patience is a virtue. The wheels of bureaucracy grind slowly.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 06-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Good for you, Toby. Patience is a virtue. The wheels of bureaucracy grind slowly.

Spud
Sadly patience ran out slightly today as I was supposed to be doing my CBT (compulsory basic training) and the instructor never showed up..gave him a call on his mobile and his wife answers and says "no, Rob never does CBT courses on a Wednesday but give me a moment and I'll pass you over....oh actually he's in the shower so he'll call you back" "ok, fine then"

Five minutes later he calls back saying he doesn't do them on Wednesday despite the fact I booked it on-line through his company and specified Wednesday with a nice email to confirm my order.

As you can imagine I was pretty p****d off, what makes matters worse is I work at a bar in town which means I'm forever having late nights so it's difficult to find time when I'm not tired in the early morning to do the test!

Anyway, rant over and it's been moved to Saturday now, also the bike is insured so as soon as I do the CBT I can hop on the bike and ride (providing nothing else cocks up!) Oh, and the bike still hasn't arrived either