Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2024, 10:32 AM   #1

New Templar X

Ok, so I been lurking on this forum for months and going back and forth on which bike to buy. I have narrowed it down to the Templar X and I have been reading all the threads on what needs to be done to it to make it usable and reliable but there is sooo many pages of stuff to read and the threads get sidetracked.
If you guys could be so kind as to just summarize a list of initial setup musts (like loctite and oil changing) and things that should be changed or upgraded for longevity and reliability (Like carb and chain, etc) it would be super appreciated!
I live in Idaho and will be using this bike for buzzing around the mountain dirt roads, paved roads and some single track for hunting near my cabin at about 4,000 - 7,000 feet.
I am 59 years old, 6'3" tall and weigh 240 lbs.
I am very mechanically inclined and have owned motorcycles, atv's, snowmobiles and UTV's my whole life.
I just can't justify spending over $6,000 on a name brand bike for this purpose and if I like the bike my son will probably get the same and I might get the wife a Hawk.
Thanks in advance!

Tags
templar x, x-pro templar, xpro, xpro hawk 250