Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Yesterday, 10:25 AM   #1

Hey fellas! 2 months of utilizing the site I thought to join.

Greetings fellow China Bike enthusiasts! I'm currently a 2 month, 500 miles logged, new owner and first time rider and I started my first bike with a 2024 RPS Hawk-X 250 (223cc) 5-speed engine. I was loving most of it until 3 weeks ago as it's been initially planned to install this Amazon JFG performance exhaust, the one for $99. While I had it basically installed lacking some minor touches. I felt it time to start it up as it had been down 2 days. Turning the key to on, all the correct ignition pre-starr lights and buttons work. However, when hitting the start button I'm getting no cranking, nor lights slightly dimming, or the flick of a relay. Not a thing.

I do have some experience in dirt bike maintenance and have degree in Electronics, but after the wiring inspection I should've paid more attention to before purchase, was Jerry-rigged beyond belief, I intend to and have been searching to replace all electrical components and wire harness. After that if no start I was thinking on starter next. So my question is, does somebody have a link directly to everything involved? The whole wire harness and components completely equivalent Lynch, or will work. On my particular bike shut up end with my 6 pin. C. Di I'm still struggling to figure out if it's AC or DC she as I found out. That is definitely something should not ignore. Yes, I made sure that by start stop switch. It's in the right position. I'm not. I knew just for your information but I still don't know everything. And that's why this site has really come in handy so I decided to join be part of the party comma and to be able to write a thread if I need help. You guys know, there's all kinds of variations of everything, let alone all they wire harnesses on amazon alone, some of them call for gy6 engines or engines or other descriptions that do not seem compatible, not to mention when viewing each harness w/ components. Most of all I can't without making an educated guess when matching wire colors and such. But I though I'd ask before I buy this time.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-edit-20240814092204.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	31829   Click image for larger version

Name:	20240814_092516.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	31830  

Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM   #2

Welcome!

This sounds like a used bike since you imply the wiring is gerryrigged or modified.
But the dash lights, lights, and stuff turned on with key, so the main fuse should be OK. Maybe low voltage, but I doubt it (usually makes some kind of click with starter button push).

I would check out the starter circuit, and the starter.
https://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34080

That post has some basic stuff in it that might be useful. Battery status, solenoid funnction, starter function... etc.

This post is also about charging system once you get it running.

Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM   #3

OP said it was down for 2 days, I'm guessing to install the exhaust. So, was it running fine before installing the exhaust? It's a 2024, so it's brand new and the wiring is "jerry-rigged"? That just doesn't make sense. Your solution is to replace the wiring harness on a brand new bike? WHOA! That is a nuclear approach if I ever saw one.

Double and triple check the kill switch before doing anything. In fact, go ahead and replace it before buying a whole new wiring harness. Same goes for starter button. My guess is a wire or something was knocked loose during installation of exhaust.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin