Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2023, 09:21 PM   #1

Aaarrrrghhh!!!!

2017 (18?) Brozz 250. One day the starter stuck or something, kept grinding with my thumb off the switch. I turned it off, then the starter wouldn't "start" anymore. No big, just kickstart it. I can jump across the posts on the solenoid and it engages the starter, so I replace the solenoid. The 2 wire plug on the solenoid (the "actuator" wires?) end in a female plug, and where the original solenoid plugs in is also a female plug. So I pull the 2 wires out of each plug, splice them...but now the switch won't start the bike. I pulled apart the thumb switch, found the two wires, followed them back through the wiring harness, and connected them (which are two different wires than the ones that I popped out of the original 2-wire female plug that hooked to the original solenoid) to the new solenoid, but no luck. I know there should be an energized wire and a ground wire in order to make the solenoid engage, but I don't know which wire is energized. Somewhere in this mess, black and yellow/red from the thumb switch turned into pink and yellow/red leading to the solenoid. But when I connect pink and yellow/red to the solenoid wires, nothing. When I connect black and yellow/red to the solenoid wires, nothing. Am I missing something obvious?

Old 09-29-2023, 09:42 PM   #2

ground wires should only every be green or black. Y/R should be the starter wire and should go all the way to the solenoid from the E'Start button.

pink should go to the rectifier not the solenoid and can also be white...

Old 09-29-2023, 09:57 PM   #3

For clarity:

The pair of wires on the left go to the new solenoid
The middle pair are what originally went from bike to solenoid
Those on the right are the ones I traced from the thumb switch.

Any hints on which two wires I should connect to the two leading to the new solenoid?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230929_202415.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	934.5 KB
ID:	30122  

Old 09-29-2023, 10:32 PM   #4

I don't have a brozz, So can't be specific as my wiring loom is a ebay special that took some custom re-splicing...but I'll have a look at my solenoid...