Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2024, 06:44 AM   #1

Linhai m210

Hi all. Thanks for letting me join your forum.

I’ve got a problem with my Linhai m210 quad that’s driving me mad.

Last weekend I was using the bike when I noticed the speedometer had gone off and I could smell that electrical blown smell. The bike kept running so i thought nothing more of it. Until I switched the bike off and it wouldn’t start again.

After days of rummaging around I finally found the fuse box and the 15amp signal fuse had blown. I replaced the fuse and it blew again the moment I turned the key.

I’ve spent the last few days disconnecting everything I can to see what was blowing the fuse, nothing works and I’m fed up of losing fuses. I’ve got more but I’m ploughing through them at quite a pace.

I watched a couple of vids on YouTube and found one that explain “short to ground” as a possible reason for the trip. So today I’ve got the multimeter out and if I attached it to the chassis and the none battery side of the fuse (black wire), it makes a noise. Suggesting there is a “short to ground” somewhere.

I’ve left the multimeter connected and making a sound, but I cannot find where the short to ground maybe.

Anyone had a similar issue or has any idea where I should be looking?

Old 05-25-2024, 08:19 AM   #2

Since you had wiring insulation meltdown, there is probably visible signs on the harness somewhere. You will just have to dig in.

BUT, you might be able to get a clue by disconnecting everything behind the headlight and other locations where you have multiwire connectors like the turn signal relay, horn, headlight, brake light... Then see if it still blows a fuse. If not, you can check them one by one...reconnect. It will cost you another fuse, but might narrow it down.