Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 11:28 PM   #1

Got pulled over today!

I was riding down a service road and pulled into a parking lot of a Hotel/Bar. As I turned in and parked A police car that had been following me pulled in and blocked me. The officer fot out and started looking my bike over. We talked for a few minutes and he said" Do you mind if I sit on it". I told him it would be ok as he was sitting there we talked about my bikes and some he had owned.I haded him the keys and told him take it for a ride. I couldnt beleive it He did! Any how I hadnt broken any laws he was just interested in my bike. I did get a picture just because His car was black and looked cool next to my bike.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:55 PM   #2

awsome cridn
best to make friends with Barney 5

Old 05-17-2008, 12:07 AM   #3

If a cop does that to me (follow me and block me in) he'd better have a good reason, as in arresting me or writing a ticket. The last time I got pulled over and searched they did it in the middle of an intersection (of a four lane no less! all I did was spin my tires (lifted Jeep, big tires, just started raining and I was pulling out uphill..so he decided to search me and the Jeep for narcotics!!))... I have no respect or patience for cops. Oh, and what the cop did is not legal in the least, can't do that unless he catches you breaking the law.

Old 05-17-2008, 12:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by knothead
If a cop does that to me (follow me and block me in) he'd better have a good reason, as in arresting me or writing a ticket. The last time I got pulled over and searched they did it in the middle of an intersection (of a four lane no less! all I did was spin my tires (lifted Jeep, big tires, just started raining and I was pulling out uphill..so he decided to search me and the Jeep for narcotics!!))... I have no respect or patience for cops. Oh, and what the cop did is not legal in the least, can't do that unless he catches you breaking the law.
I didnt mind in any way. I have no disrespect for "Cops". In fact He is going to stop by my house tomorrow and see the rest of my bikes. He was one of the responding officers when I was hit on a china bike last month. I found it quite pleasant for him to remember me and ask how I was doing. If you are looking to bash public servants do it in your own thread not mine.

Old 05-17-2008, 01:02 AM   #5

amen :wink:

i've got afew NHP friends as well as some elko county Shariffs,

since i drive a big rig it helps to have the HP as friends not enemies, especially at dot inspections

Old 05-17-2008, 01:19 AM   #6

if a cop tried to pull me over on my enduro i would just pull off the road lets see them drive thru the woods :wink:
j/k

Old 05-17-2008, 01:19 AM   #7

Where did I bash? But you made a public post, I responded.
You said he "followed" you into a parking lot and "blocked" you in... yeah, sounds like some friendly gestures to me, especially since he was in a 3500lb car and you were on a 270lb bike. And they are not public "servants", their job is to catch you breaking a law and arrest/ticket you for it... which they tend to go way overboard in doing.

But if getting special attention from a man in uniform makes your day, more power to ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by knothead
I didnt mind in any way. I have no disrespect for "Cops". In fact He is going to stop by my house tomorrow and see the rest of my bikes. He was one of the responding officers when I was hit on a china bike last month. I found it quite pleasant for him to remember me and ask how I was doing. If you are looking to bash public servants do it in your own thread not mine.

Old 05-17-2008, 01:48 AM   #8

Send a message via AIM to Mavrick
You're misinterpreting his original post. Those words such as 'follow' and 'blocked' may have a negative connotation, however they were just verbs to build up the suspense with the ending humor of 'mind if I sit on it?'

lol

This is a great little story. lol
I hope this is the reaction I get from police officers when I start riding my bike. I'm afraid they'll think I'm on an offroad bike and will pull me only too late realizing I have a tag and stuff.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:34 AM   #9

Actually, spinning the wheels in most states is considered an "improper start." That is enough probable cause to pull you over. As far as the search goes, who knows.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:54 AM   #10

Sounds like a funny story, and there is nothing wrong with cops acting human.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:55 AM   #11

and the picture does look twikiy-dooooo!!!
edited by N2r.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:06 AM   #12

Awesome story CRidin!!!!! Its great that the officer remembered you and it sounds as if he was genuinely concerned with your well being and the interest in your bike. .
Alot of you on here know from my own posts that i have nothing but respect for the police as well as all public servants and military personell.
I find it hard to swallow when someone badmouths either and disrespects them in any manner.
I guess its because i work so close with them....but i understand the job they do and have nothing but respect for them all.

Old 05-17-2008, 11:22 AM   #13

That is a cool story....China bikes are bringing people togethor

Old 05-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #14

I hope he wasn't "on the clock" when he took your bike out for a spin.

Old 05-17-2008, 12:30 PM   #15

I do love the paint job on your Lifan. Looks good in black.
Rom. 12:12

"I felt only as a man can feel who is roaming over the prairies of the far West, well armed, and mounted on a fleet and gallant steed." - Buffalo Bill

Closed Thread