Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 07:46 AM   #1

new guy and need some advice/help with redcat

hello! I purchased 4 redcat VX-200's from USAATVS.com and I have had more problems than Odell Thurman of the Cincinnati Bengals. I have had them about a year and can't keep any of them running. The first problem is the bike won't keep the battery charged. Now I am not much of a mechanic but I have changed out the stator with no change in the condition. The biggest problem though is that they keep overheating. I don't know what to do about it to fix this problem. Plus since they keep overheating, my guess is that I have probably burnt something up in the engine. The coolant system is made very cheap. The radiator caps keep popping off when it overheats and spraying antifreeze everywhere. I have had to replace I don't know how many radiators. My guess is that the fan isn't strong enough to cool the unit. The fan does kick on so I knwo that the thermostat is working. If I could keep them running they are fun to ride and the rest of the quad I can deal with. Please help!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks! :roll:

Old 07-10-2007, 09:33 AM   #2

Hi bfaulcon
First of all, Redcat products where not to be drop-shipped to the customer/end user. Second, did you fill & charge the batteries correctly? I see about 95% of people do not fill & charge batteries correctly, they don't read the instructions, did you charge the batteries with the correct style of charger...very important!!! Third, I have sold the VX-200 before Redcat discontinued the vehicle, yes they run hot but I have not ever experienced what you are talking about from any customer. The fan coming on has nothing to do with the thermostats working or not, there is a heat/coolant sensor in the system that controls the fan. Without seeing the quads it is very difficult to repair the problems you are having. I have seen problems with almost all quads that are drop-shipped because the end user does not set the vehicle up correctly.
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 07-10-2007, 09:40 AM   #3

battery

The batteries don't have a fill on them. They are a sealed battery. I did charge the battery and the battery works but the quad doesn't seem to keep it charged. But I am not really worried about this part. Not sure how I could have set up the quad wrong when it comes to adding coolant and oil. I used the recomended coolant and oil weight. I live in Ohio and don't know of anyone who works on these. I would do it myself if I knew what was wrong with them. It is just funny how I have had the same problem with all four quads.