Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2019, 05:12 PM   #1

Pioneer SSR 250cc Supermoto exhaust issues

Hey everyone, I just bought a 2013 Pioneer SSR 250cc Supermoto, and I've been having issues with the exhaust.
There is a recuirculating hose from the exhaust that goes back to the air intake. After about riding it for a week, I burned a hole through the hose, which made my exhaust extremely loud, and I live in a quiet area so not trying to piss off my neighbors. The new hose eventually burned out again within a few days. I didn't have time to replace it. Then the part the hose is connected to that is bolted to the exhaust somehow got undone. I figured this was just smog stuff so I took off the hose, sealed the exhaust hole with muffler repair stuff, and it was sounding good for about two days. Then now the part where my exhaust is connected to the engine came undone! I don't know what the hell is going on, doesn't seem normal. Why would my exhaust be running so hot? If so, how can I fix it?

THANK YOU!

Old 11-16-2019, 06:53 PM   #2

Disconnect block it all off remove vacuum pipes
It’s air injection emissions nonsense - take it all off n block it all

Old 11-18-2019, 02:47 PM   #3

The reason it's hot is because that valve is designed to allow the header to intake cold air and increase combustion of exhaust fumes; It also makes the bike run a bit lean. It has failed and it is allowing exhaust to escape into the hose, and your air intake.

As NZ Brakelathes said, remove the hose and the valve and toss them and then plug the hole. You can buy an EGR blocking plate or make your own, or weld the hole shut. If none of these are an option for you, a small coin shaped piece of sheet metal or exhaust gasket can be sandwiched between the valve and the header pipe, also sealing the hole.

Old 11-19-2019, 11:22 PM   #4

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18230

In Post #15 of the above thread I posted a pic of my bike with the smog equipment removed and a simple egr blocking plate.