Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2009, 04:31 PM   #1

Exhaust Came Off!

Hey,
It's been a long time since I posted on chinariders. Sorry, about that!

Anway's, I was riding my atv then I noticed there was a funny sound coming from the back. I realized that one of the muffler mounts had come off. The weld literally came off which means that I have to either weld it back on or make a hole in it so I can put a bolt though it. Remember this is a dual muffler and luckily the left hand side exhaust mount had only come off.

Unfortunately when I had some time to check the atv, I noticed that the pipe connecting to the muffler had also come off. This only happened to the muffler on the left hand side since I have dual exhaust.

I do not have a welder, or anything. I either have to buy a new performance muffler or I could just close the dual mount joint with something. So it will become a signal exhaust.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:40 PM   #2

Re: Exhaust Came Off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yozalo
Hey,
It's been a long time since I posted on chinariders. Sorry, about that!

Anway's, I was riding my atv then I noticed there was a funny sound coming from the back. I realized that one of the muffler mounts had come off. The weld literally came off which means that I have to either weld it back on or make a hole in it so I can put a bolt though it. Remember this is a dual muffler and luckily the left hand side exhaust mount had only come off.

Unfortunately when I had some time to check the atv, I noticed that the pipe connecting to the muffler had also come off. This only happened to the muffler on the left hand side since I have dual exhaust.

I do not have a welder, or anything. I either have to buy a new performance muffler or I could just close the dual mount joint with something. So it will become a signal exhaust.
I have a performance exhaust coming for my mini beast, should be here today. I will let you know what I think of it once it's installed.

The problem you just described happened to my daughters 50cc. It was rattling and when I went to tighten it up the slotted flange on the exhaust just fell off. I removed it, and it doesn't rattle or even move anymore. I think you'll find with the stability of the entire dual exhaust, you won't noticed too much movement or noise with one side off. If the other breaks you may have an issue.

You could also find an exhaust hanger to wrap around the pipe and the frame, saving you welding time or exhaust re and re if you're terribly troubled by it.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #3

Hmm....what is an exhaust hanger. I might buy a performance pipe, cdi and some other performance parts. Have some extra cash on hand. Lol.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Hmm....what is an exhaust hanger. I might buy a performance pipe, cdi and some other performance parts. Have some extra cash on hand. Lol.
It looks like a big clamp you wrap around the pipe and the frame.

If you go find PCD's write up on his Monster pipe on Beast, you'll see a big metal 'clamp' around the barrel. You could find one of these at a parts store and use it.

Spend that money boy! It's fun to upgrade. :P

...hey, and welcome back to the forums.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #5

Can you tell me the link....thousands of posts by PCD. Hard to find. I thought maybe a hose clamp might work.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Can you tell me the link....thousands of posts by PCD. Hard to find. I thought maybe a hose clamp might work.
Yeah that PCD is a bit of a post whore. (Hi Pete!)

Here's the link.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=8899

Old 11-09-2009, 04:54 PM   #7

Ok, hmm... would a hose clamp work.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Ok, hmm... would a hose clamp work.
If you got it tight enough, I suppose.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #9

I'll try the local part store or other wise it's home depot.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:07 PM   #10

Ooops I almost forgot.... The pipe that connects to the exhaust also came off. I either have to weld it but I don't have a welding machine. ooo well... another excuse to buying performance parts.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Quote:
Yeah that PCD is a bit of a post wh---. (Hi Pete!)

Here's the link.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=8899