Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2019, 12:28 PM   #1

Help.....me......

Ok… I work in a Sea of Cubes and we’ve had lots of rearranging going on. To top it off, we’ve had two different branches move into our building from the Crystal Palace, “downtown”, so we’ve also been invaded by the Huns. It’s not pretty. Our branch used to be a castle with a moat around it (Swampy knows), but now the drawbridges are down, the moat is drained, and all the hungry crocs are dead. It’s been a tough adjustment.

I try to stay to myself, do my work and only hang with the awesome folks I’ve worked with for well over a decade. That said, I also have a few new Cube Neighbors around me that came in with the invasion. I’m trying to adjust, but it’s tough. Then, the worst possible thing just happened about ten minutes ago, so I flipped up my “break” sign and here I am. I hear from the new folks chattering over their cube walls:

“I can’t believe that Khloe has to go through all of this heartache!”
“I know…poor girl. It’s a wonder how she handles all of this so well in public.”
“Did you see Kim in that dress!? Sooooo revealing….”
“I’d love to have one if I had the body…”
<giggle, giggle, giggle…>

NOOOOOOOO!!!! I’m not sure if I can do "Kardashian" all the way till July. I’m surrounded. Worst part is, one of them is even a dude! Really!? REALLY!?
This is horrifying.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 02-21-2019, 12:36 PM   #2

Man I feel for ya. Been there. I don't know if I could deal with that again. I'm so glad I have my own office even though it doesn't have a window. I can live with that in exchange for a little privacy. At least I can shut my door when the office across the hall gets too noisy.
2022 Lifan KPX250
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 02-21-2019, 12:43 PM   #3

I cringe when I read that 2LZ. I would go bananas listening to that crap. Maybe some foam earplugs. Noise canceling headset pumping classic rock. Ask the head honcho if you can transfer them to Siberia.

Old 02-21-2019, 04:27 PM   #4

2lz, when you feel intruded on by the kardasians, just crank the volume on this... it will scare them away... FYI this is what my truck sounded like once upon a time....when the whole exhaust sans headers and y pipe fell off....LOL

Old 02-21-2019, 05:47 PM   #5

I liquidated two Sears stores last year ,300 employees and 280 of them were women .Some were right on ,some were ok ,but the klicks and the gossip just drove me nuts ,and this one got this,that one got that ,just petty BS. I have a deaf mute guy that works for me ,he has no problems with it and I could use another 10 just like him .I much rather work with guys .

Old 02-21-2019, 09:34 PM   #6

Umm ya

Lumberg says"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (21.8 KB, 54 views)
2018 Hawk P&P Decked .040 off the head. 17/43 D.I.D. 428, NGK Iridium plug, DeCat, Wrapped pipe, Custom S.S. Muffler core, Nibbi PE30 115/35, L.E.D. Lights, Digital Cluster, USB port, Cutting Bord skid plate, Oil cooler w/ custom CRF oil filter inline, 5Wt fork oil, Rear Shock, CNC Back Rack, 30mm FAT bars, Bark Busters, ProGrips, Adjustable levers, Shinko 700’s lots of Loctite!

Old 02-21-2019, 09:48 PM   #7

Dear Lord, I feel sorry for you. I bet if you walked by and just said sarcastically, "I heard about that, Oh nooooooo a privileged super rich girl's boyfriend cheated on her. She might have to go cry into a 10 foot tall pile of $100 bills."

They would never talk about it again near you.

Old 02-22-2019, 12:11 AM   #8

There’s something to be said about working from home.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 02-22-2019, 08:18 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
“Did you see Kim in that dress!? Sooooo revealing….”
“I’d love to have one if I had the body…”
<giggle, giggle, giggle…>
Soooo...what DID Kim look like in that dress???

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-22-2019, 09:59 AM   #10

That's what you get for choosing a sea of cubes. If it were me, I'd crank up the Metallica so the complaints start. Then tell them it is less repulsive than listening to the crap they subject you to.

Old 02-22-2019, 03:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
There’s something to be said about working from home.

I've been trying it off and on. Maybe when I get my workshop finished it will get better. I'm not a fan of entering a strangers house to do work anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimac View Post
That's what you get for choosing a sea of cubes. If it were me, I'd crank up the Metallica so the complaints start. Then tell them it is less repulsive than listening to the crap they subject you to.

Funny thing is, my last job I was a pilot and aviation line service tech. When I wasn't flying or busy managing the fuel farm or planes, I was in a cubical ordering stuff for the shop or scheduling various stuff. I would get so antsy I would get up and walk around the hangar with my headset on and note pad in my hand while on the phone getting things done.

Old 02-22-2019, 11:24 PM   #12

Oh yeah... cubes is about as far away as i could be from my line of work... lawn/garden/tractor mechanic... we are constantly pranking eachother....LOL today i walk in to a sign hanging above my box... fyi i am not exactly a "clean shaven" kind of guy... im also 6'2", 275ish# and have a good bit of upper body strength...everyone in the shop has started calling me "squatch"....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190222_144903.jpg (88.6 KB, 21 views)