Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-29-2008, 01:08 AM   #1

loncin motor/badboybirtbikes

I was talking to a friend about these bikes, and he said he previosly owned one and it broke down within a month and was a PAIN to try and fix. He ended up just scrapping it and buying a kx125 instead. He heard i was about to buy one and he's trying his hardest to talk me out of it. I just want to know, are these bikes as bad as he says? http://www.badboydirtbike.com/3798/ it's the first one on the site. The 125. Any comments? Thanks.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:18 AM   #2

Here's a tip about online sellers. If they won't publish their street address on their www site, move on. Legitimate dealers selling a good product want you to find them.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 02-29-2008, 08:13 AM   #3

I would have to agree with frostbite. But I do like that the 250 they sale has the bigger tires, and does anybody know about the over head engine they are selling in the 250 size from zongshen?

Old 02-29-2008, 08:23 AM   #4

Hi avian45
Frostbite is correct.
This goof talks about a KTM copy and all it has is orange plastic.
He talks about Zongshen then tells you it has a Loncin engine in the bike! Way Off! These two companies have nothing to do with each other! {Zongshen & Loncin}
K&N does not make factory air filters for any motorcycle.
That carburetor is Not a Mikuni, it's a Keihin copy.
What makes that rear shock Performance? the gas/oil reservoir? No Way! A lot of shocks has a reservoir but have nothing to do with performance.
There are very few companies that have a Factory Performance Exhaust, I can name the few if you want to know.
Brakes? Performance? Ya right, 70% of the Chinese vehicles have braided hose for the brakes. How is a brake performance anyway?

Stay Away!
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 02-29-2008, 01:28 PM   #5

definitely look elsewhere, those prices are way too high...there are better bikes to be had for less

what type of bike are you looking for exactly?

Old 06-20-2008, 01:54 PM   #6

C&P from earlier post:
Hi avian45
Frostbite is correct.
This goof talks about a KTM copy and all it has is orange plastic.
He talks about Zongshen then tells you it has a Loncin engine in the bike! Way Off! These two companies have nothing to do with each other! {Zongshen & Loncin}
K&N does not make factory air filters for any motorcycle.
That carburetor is Not a Mikuni, it's a Keihin copy.
What makes that rear shock Performance? the gas/oil reservoir? No Way! A lot of shocks has a reservoir but have nothing to do with performance.
There are very few companies that have a Factory Performance Exhaust, I can name the few if you want to know.
Brakes? Performance? Ya right, 70% of the Chinese vehicles have braided hose for the brakes. How is a brake performance anyway?

Stay Away!

This guy is a reseller for PR Industries. I bought the "KTM clone" from PR...it's a good pretty good bike. I paid a little over $1200 delivered. The current model is nicer than the one on the "bad boy" website. As you say, it isn't a mikuni carb or a K&N filter, although the carb is not a keihin copy it is a mikuni copy (and a pretty good copy). Furthermore, you are correct when you say the only thing in common between this and a KTM is the color scheme. Also, the exhaust on this bike is huge, the header pipe is probably the largest I've seen on a 4 stroke 250 (i know that doesn't necessarily mean high performance, but the bike sounds good and runs strong). I've got a couple hundred miles on mine now, and I have very few complaints. The bike is still new to me and only time will tell if it will hold up to the abuse I intend to give it. This post is in no way intended to be confrontational...just my opinion.